Where to buy oil separator???

• Sponsors (?)

The ones I bought were for oil separators for the air tanks. I think that they will be the only ones you will find in that section. You'll need only to fabricate your own bracket to mount them (or it).

It's an air/oil or air/water separator. Most have 1/4" NPT threads and for my PCV lines, I used 3/8" line (ergo I got barb fittings with 1/4" NPT thread and a 3/8" barb).

Good luck.

steeda's is way over priced. i just went to home depot and picked up 2 filters (pcv valve and t/b line) and 4 NPT fittings.

am i supposed to drill out the bottom of the filter element? i thought i read that somewhere

1991vert said:
am i supposed to drill out the bottom of the filter element? i thought i read that somewhere
It's not a bad idea. I had to remove the element in mine - it was clogging up after about a teaspoon of oil was in the trap. I removed the element and the weird vortex inside the trap stopped, and accumulation picked back up. Because of the location of the inlet/outlet ports, it still functions well as a catch can for me.

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
It's not a bad idea. I had to remove the element in mine - it was clogging up after about a teaspoon of oil was in the trap. I removed the element and the weird vortex inside the trap stopped, and accumulation picked back up. Because of the location of the inlet/outlet ports, it still functions well as a catch can for me.

Good luck.

thanks

lowes or home depot for 10-12$
DSCN1069.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1069.jpg
    DSCN1069.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 47
Guys-
Whats the deal-Are y9ou able to run SYNTHETIC Oil with the oil separator??? What do you do when you drain the oil, Can you re-use it back intot he motor or not?

Thanks for yall your help-Guys!
Anthony
P.S. be going to Home depot tomorrow! :)

Synthetic works just fine. No... you don't put the oil back into the motor. Just drain it and get rid of it.

You shouldn't have THAT much oil in the separator. If you do then you've got problems beyond what a separator is going to fix.