WHERE TO FIND A C4

Procharged91lx

Jun 8, 2008
Hey gues i am building a Prochagred 5.0 to go in my 91 LX with Strange 31 spline rearend, 5 lug conversion. I wanna go with an automatic so i am looking for a C4 with manual Valve body and i havent decided on transbrake, but were can i find one thats a direct bolt in for a 91 lx 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

make sure to check your driveshaft clearance, asit is sometimes hit-or-miss

what kinna driveshaft will i need?...

just like he said its a hit or miss. you could try your old driveshaft and see if it will work for you. most of the time you can get away with different yokes as some are different lengths than others. i reused a t5 driveshaft and it worked great.

If your looking for a good C4 thats completely built and ready to drop in, I would go with Performance Automatic. They have several horsepower levels to choose from, you could probably find one that meets your needs for around 1400-1500. Although i would highly suggest looking into an AOD instead of a C4 if your doing any kind of highway driving with the car. In which case i would recommend Lentech Automatics. The C4's are a great transmission when built right, but not having that 4th overdrive gear really makes for some loud, high rpm cruising on the highway. Also I would highly suggest getting a custom stalled converter for anyone running boost through an automatic, check into companies like Edge, Lentech or PTC.