Where to find a decent fox

91LX302

Founding Member
Jun 22, 2002
Boston, MA
So 3 years ago I moved back in with my parents and commuted to school. Part of this process involved selling my '91 hatch. I swore to myself that when I graduated I would buy another one. Well here I am, 3 years later, all graduated and working like a dog. I've been searching for my next fox but seem to be unlucky so far. I've been checking the usuals (Craigslist, WantAds, even eBay) and there just aren't many decent foxes out there. Everything is either a piece of junk or wayyyyyyyyy over priced. Maybe it has something to do with being out of season here in the northeast but I see maybe 1 car every 2 weeks that I would even consider looking at.

Where do you guys usually search for a decent fox?

• Sponsors (?)

You're searching in the right areas, but it's just not the season to buy one. Wait until April/May and you'll start to see them come out.

Here's a good way to look at it:

If you switch back to classic mode on ebay motors, in the summer, 87-93 Mustangs usually fall between pages 10-15 if you sort by year (oldest first). Right now, it's pages 8-10.

You want a good driver, spring is (allegedly) just around the corner. Hard to find nice, unhacked, and inexpensive all in one package anymore, too many teen Vin Diesel/John Force wannabe's, and 5.0's an easy target. You never know where you'll find one, though. I picked up one a couple years back, 89 LX hatch, car next to it had burned, needed a front bumper and headlight cuz they melted. The car a guy I worked with wanted to sell me parts from was actually in great shape, when I applied some elbow grease. 88 LX hatch, it had sat for 6 years while he did the family thing, so I bought it, complete, and I'm just getting it started now. $300 bucks. So just look around, turn over rocks, they're out there. :nice:

Prices have definatly gone up for the nice ones...but its a small price to pay in the long run.

The other site has a few really nice ones in the classifieds right now, you might want to check it out.