Roush Where to find wheel?????

digdoug

Jan 7, 2003
OK, I've watched ebay for a month. I need a '94 - '98 Speedline rim. I've seen a couple of 10" rear wheels, I've seen several sets and singles in chrome....but no painted front rim. I haven't got to drive my car in over a month, and won't get to until I find another rim. Does anyone have any idea where to look? I've searched and searched. I can have one refinished, or even fixed if need be...and have now decided if I find a chrome one I will have it stripped and painted if I have to, but I find nothing. HELP!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Let us know exactly which wheel you are looking for:
From you post, I'm guessing you are looking for a front wheel:
1. magnesium or alloy
2. speedline for sure or made by saleen from the speedline mold
Tell us exactly what you need and I'm sure someone will have a good lead for you..........Remember, there were many different wheels made for the 94-98 bodystyle Saleen's. Give us the info off the spokes of the wheel you are trying to mate, that will be the easiest for us to go off of........

I will take pics tomorrow and post them up. I need a front, 8.5". My wheels say "SALEEN" by the valve stem and "speedline" cast into the face of the wheel across from it. It's cast aluminum alloy, painted silver. I have seen this same wheel without the "speedline" cast into it, I would accept that until I could find the correct one. I'll have to look at the back. The date has 98 I know, and it has SALEEN in the back of one of the spokes and "made in italy" in another spoke. has the 8.5J and some more numbers. I'll get them and post it up. It's the same one in this thread: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=604782 only I need a front. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!!

10 to one you have the original 94-98 Speedline "Le Mans" wheel. Even though the offset is the same for the front offset specific on the originals and the Saleen mold wheel, the Saleen mold wheel (china) has more dish to it from the profile. Damn, I'll look for the comparison shots I have of my car and Roberts.

I'm not sure if you can see them well enough in this pic, but this is them.

DSCF00081.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF00081.jpg
    DSCF00081.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 70
Those are the original 94-98 Speedlines, Italy, not Chinese. YOu can find those singles on ebay. I do believe you that you have been looking for a month and have yet to find one. The thing is, the fronts are the easiest to come by. I have seen singles before and only a couple of months ago.

marcus95 said:
Those are the original 94-98 Speedlines, Italy, not Chinese. YOu can find those singles on ebay. I do believe you that you have been looking for a month and have yet to find one. The thing is, the fronts are the easiest to come by. I have seen singles before and only a couple of months ago.

Yes, I have been looking for about a month. I have seen a couple of chrome. I wish I had bought one of those now and had it stripped. If I see another one I will. Seems like when I do see them the auctions end early, so I'm left out. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount for one, not like I'm wanting something for nothing....I just don't seem to see any for sale. My car is sitting in the shop waiting for rims. All new freshly painted, new 4.10s installed...just sitting there on it's spare waiting. :( I do know where a 8.5 inch rear is. Wonder if it would clear the front OK and drive OK until I found the right one?

He had those listed as 9.5", he changed the ad. Yep, that is the ones that actually match. I thought they looked like the front offset in the pic, but I didn't question him. Well, Dan is a good guy and gave me a fair deal on the two he had, and I don't need two more extra's. LOL Would be nice to have a matching one for my backs, but I think what I have coming will work out fine. Thanks for the heads up though!