where to get a turbo motor?

• Sponsors (?)

Racer Wash and Esslinger also have short block 2.3T's you can buy, but obviously this route is WAY more expensive then just buying a donor car. Plus with the donor car, you'll be free to take any and everything off the car, including the rear end, disc brakes, transmission, engine, wheels, tires, seats, computer, ect., ect....

I put a wanted ad in the paper last summer that said I was looking for a 2.3 Turbo engine, a guy called me one day, he ran a salvage yard. Turned out he had a running '84 TC (no title, no keys, pretty beat up, but it ran), he delivered it to my house so I could pull the engine for $150. I even made back that $150 selling other parts off the car (it had an almost perfect interior) and some other guy hauled it off for free :nice:

Red_LX said:
I put a wanted ad in the paper last summer that said I was looking for a 2.3 Turbo engine, a guy called me one day, he ran a salvage yard. Turned out he had a running '84 TC (no title, no keys, pretty beat up, but it ran), he delivered it to my house so I could pull the engine for $150. I even made back that $150 selling other parts off the car (it had an almost perfect interior) and some other guy hauled it off for free :nice:
what was the ad in??
Do you get the Valley Trader where you are?

No wonder he can't pick up a TC from a junkyard....he lives in Australia! Did they even sell Turbo Coupes in Australia?

maybe i should change that, its off finding nemo, but i live in georgia, sorry, sounded good at the time :nonono:

Finfing a turbo motor

Network the area! Get into the local yards and look, ask the counter people about T-birds
Mustangs etc. check with the local "Cash for Titles" places. I got a complete running, titled licensed, inspected 86 turbo-coupe for $400.00 at a cash for title place.
http://www.thriftynickelads.com/
I like that site for looking for everything!
Get in tight with the local pizza delivery dudes. They are sometimes car guys and they get
to look everywhere.
Parts store guys are good sources.
Find the ricer hangout on weekends and talk to a few of them.
Happy hunting!
Bruce (TX)

I have a 87 tc that I am considering parting out. The turbo motor is in need of a rebuild as I think I spun a bearing the other day. Prior to that it ran great. It is a 5 speed car and is at this time complete. I am in the Charlotte NC area if anyone is interested in the motor or any other parts.