WHERE to get felt strip (don't flame, SEARCH gave no info)

Pro Mod

Nov 16, 2005
Wharton, WV
I did do the search fellas and I'm completely aware of the whole Window Tint fiasco because of it. :)

But of the 2 dozen threads I read, I can't find out exactly what type of place I need to go to find the felt strip. Is it in a 1/2" or so strip for automotive use, or is it just in a big sheet that I need to cut? I have no clue what to look for or where to look for it?

There are no REAL PRO Window Tint places around here evidently. I've talked to every shop within 50 miles of me and they all get the "deer in headlights" look when I mention applying a felt strip. SOOOOO it looks like I'm doing the felt part myself.

thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

i dunno, i couldnt really find anyone who knew about it either, so i dont have it. i also dont have the scratches that were supposed to happen.

shooterm1 said:
its as close as your drug store
> > > > > > > View attachment 491209
Mole skin? I use that for long distance running and army ruck marches. Good as an insulation between boots. It Seems to me the glue would be good for it. Its kind of expensive though. And you would have to cut it into strips to apply. Never thought to use that but if you say it works than awesome.

UPDATE!!!!!!
Went to Wal-Mart today. Just ask the housewares section, where they sell paint and stuff, for the felt stripping they sell. They have 2 kinds and in comes in a roll only 1.75 or so. One has adhesive tape and the other does not, but 2 sided adhesive tape would work for the stripping without tape.
The stuff sold for use on the bottom of chairs to prevent scratching hard wood floors looks like it would work just fine!!!! Its a lot cheaper and more durable than mole skin I would think...