Where to order locking lug nuts?

def1eppard

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
DFW, TX
Alright I've given up on my Auto Zone and O'reilley's for having the right size locking lug nuts. Where's a good place to order some? I was just gonna get the kit with 4 (1 for each wheel). Mustang Tuning sells a kit with 20 locking lug nuts. Do people actually do that?

• Sponsors (?)

git-it-83 said:
Usually, the only person the locking lugs keeps thwarted is the owner. If someone wants your rims, one way or another, they will get them.
EXACTLY! Craftsman makes a real nice set of impact sockets designed just to spin off locking lug nuts. I lost my key twice, then I had the McGard crap removed...

Well I know there are people out there who just happen to have some spare time and they see a car without locking lug nuts, that just encourages it even more. This isn't to stop the big time thieves who REALLY want my wheels...this is to stop any scum walking by that just decides hey why not take them.

There ARE people like this. I happen to know of a guy who saw a BMW with wheels he wanted one night, so he just straight up stole them. Then it turned out they didn't even fit his car.

Alright, I went to Pep Boys and they had some McGards! Thanks for the tip guys...I don't ever go to Pep Boys because its in the crappy part of town, and they're usually a bunch of A-holes, but they've outdone auto zone and o'reilley's this time.