Where'd StangDreamin go?

StangDreamin' said:
Well-ll-lll-llll......maybe for three pictures (you guys keep forgetting the Closet-Keeper Chick's blonde sister, so she'd be number 3!) :D :D :D :D

Hey, it's kinda fun sneaking back in here!
Just had to get away from myself for a while. :nonono:

Still Dreamin'

Glad to know you're OK. I was hoping nothing was wrong with you or he family. Nice to see ya post :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

t_chelle16 said:
Once again, no bikini pics of me are going on the internet. I refuse to be photochopping fodder.

Now, now; there are always attachments to email and PM's :rolleyes:

Avatar Chick & her blonde sister both seem to have misplaced their bikinis......
:banana: :drool: :banana: :drool: :D :D

And Fort Leonard Wood is down below the lakes isn't it?

-Chelle
All I know is that it's somewhere near K.C.; and I thought you were also somewhere in the K.C. area. I'll have to do a little Mapquest research. Both my folks spent time at Wood at one time or another - they both worked for the Army as civilians, and Dad was also there when he was still in uniform. But, since they were both civilian employees when I was born; the longest either was there was six weeks (Mom), and the other parent was home - so I was home, too.

Still Dreamin'

65fastback2+2 said:
you make your kids joing the military to fund your stang dreamin' project???

Nope.

1/2 No Kitten made the decision herself (over the old man's concerns) to join and serve while funding her Mustang dreams. Of course, her "Mustangs" are only one horsepower; have unbelievable off-road capability; run on vegetable-based fuel; and most of them don't even truly carry the name "Mustang". Rather, they're mostly called Paints or Thoroughbreds, Arabians or Quarterhorses. :p
No matter how wild he tries to act; I can't imagine Chance the Wonder Pony - all 1400 pounds and 16.3 hands height of him - being a true Mustang. He likes his comfy stall and daily 5 flakes of alfalfa and bucket of grain waaaaay too much. :rolleyes:

Trish is going into the Veterinary Service Corps; specializing in equine medicine. She plans on being the "Most Important Medic" for the mounted Search and Rescue Troop out of Fort Hood; the Cavalry "show troops" at Sam Houston, Ft. Huachuca or Ft Carson, or (if she stays in for almost the second half of her life and impresses the heck out of VSC senior brass) the Memorial Troop at Ft Meyers, VA (the Arlington Nat'l Cemetary funeral detail). A Ft. Meyers posting is the equivalent of being in the Guard Troop at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - practically nobody qualifies and the competition is brutal. She'll get it if she decides she really wants it. :)

Still Deamin'

Hey, tell Trish if she gets any time off, my cousin could use some volunteer help on her Not-For Profit horse farm, "Equine Rescue" in Bloominburg, NY (not far from Walden). They take in mistreated, malnourished and abused horses, ponies, etc., and nurse 'em back to health (sometimes they ease 'em over the rainbow bridge) and try to find good adoptive homes for them....:nice:

Well, Fritz, I'lllet her know.... oh course it will all depend on whether her new uncle (Sam) sends her your way.
Of course, you have to remember she rescued Chance from a trip to the slaughterhouse; built him back up (+500 lbs) and retrained him for the arena and trail. I can see her trying to assemble quite a herd (of her own) at your cousin's place. :rolleyes:

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
Well, Fritz, I'lllet her know.... oh course it will all depend on whether her new uncle (Sam) sends her your way.
Of course, you have to remember she rescued Chance from a trip to the slaughterhouse; built him back up (+500 lbs) and retrained him for the arena and trail. I can see her trying to assemble quite a herd (of her own) at your cousin's place. :rolleyes:

Still Dreamin'
I'm sure my cousin wouldn't mind shipping half her herd (the healthy ones, of course) to your place!:D

Better yet, if you come up with a trailer, she'll even throw in a '66 coupe free of charge (that is if her brother hasn't moved it yet!).......Last time I was there she was trying to get me to take it!:nice:

I always though it was down by Lake of the Ozarks. Maybe they have a section in KC. :shrug:

Either way, I'm right here. Which is about 50 miles from KC and about 75 from Lake of the Ozarks.
mqmapgend

t_chelle16 said:
I always though it was down by Lake of the Ozarks. Maybe they have a section in KC. :shrug:

Either way, I'm right here. Which is about 50 miles from KC and about 75 from Lake of the Ozarks.
mqmapgend

Okay, I was waaaa-aa-aa-yyy off! Turns out that Ft Wood is indeed SE of Lake of the Ozarks. It's south of I-44 between Rolla and Lebanon. On your map, it's the "khaki" colored area underneath the "on" in Lebanon. Surrounded by the Mark Twain Nat'l Forest (the green spot on the map).

I think I need more coffee this AM... I had to go to the "civilian" site for the Ft. and look up the town outside the gate and find that on Mapquest! On my map ("Zoomed out" to the same one as yours) I have a star for Saint Robert, MO.

Hey, maybe this calls for a "Stangnet Mid-Country Get-Together" sometime in mid-May. I've promised that at least I would make it to Graduation Day - maybe the whole fam-damily if the school schedules and vacation times work out. :nice:

EDIT: Y'know, I almost went back there about 9 years ago. When I was still working at the hospital down here; two of us were going to be sent to Hillenbrand Industries (makers of some really good hospital beds.....and caskets! :rolleyes: ) in Rolla to look over birthing beds for our then-being-built new Maternity Center. I was supposed to go for the Electrical Systems Repair class on the beds; ended up not going because there was some unexplained mass developing in my wife's abdomen, and I stayed here for her exams and such. Turned out her Doc's prognosis for her bearing any more children was a little off the mark.... which is why 1/2NK has a little brother in addition to her sister!

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
.............ended up not going because there was some unexplained mass developing in my wife's abdomen, and I stayed here for her exams and such. Turned out her Doc's prognosis for her bearing any more children was a little off the mark.... which is why 1/2NK has a little brother in addition to her sister!

Still Dreamin'
My mother had the same problem!:eek: That's why I have a younger sister!:lol:

Don't know if I could make a Missouri trip in May, but I am hoping to host a "Stangnet Burger, Beer and Beach Bash" one weekend next summer and the three (Chelle, StD & Mrs StD) of you are most welcome!:nice:
So far the guest list includes Chepsk8, Pakrat, Worth and Realmongo, but RM will be on the left coast, so he probably will be a "no-show"!

65stanger said:
My mother had the same problem!:eek: That's why I have a younger sister!:lol:

My Dad was erroneously told he had the same problem. That's why I am here :D

Don't know if I could make a Missouri trip in May, but I am hoping to host a "Stangnet Burger, Beer and Beach Bash" one weekend next summer and the three (Chelle, StD & Mrs StD) of you are most welcome!:nice:
So far the guest list includes Chepsk8, Pakrat, Worth and Realmongo, but RM will be on the left coast, so he probably will be a "no-show"!

I don't even have a clue what next summer looks like! That would be fun; we'll have to see what comes.

Still Dreamin'