Roush Which Blower for 580-600whp

129saleen

Sep 1, 2004
Houston, TX
I have the KB 1.7 and want more power on my saleen. My goal is 580-600whp and I dont want another KB cause I dont want to change my hood and they just cost to damn much...
What other choices do I have?
Will a Pro-charger or any Centri style blower make that power?
I have a built bottom end so Im not worried about that...

• Sponsors (?)

Novi 2000. Check out Tim at Modular Powerhouse. He did a white Saleen a year back and that guy drove the piss out of it. I believe he had close to 600 rwhp. That's the only way you are getting there without going Big Bore.

Yes a procharger would work also vortech. They are probably the best as of right now. centri. superchargers I believe are better. They don't get hot like the roots or screws. they are better for roadracing too. just my two cents. If you go with a procharger go with there
F-1 series or higher. Vortech There T-trim is there race blower. I hope this helps.

So the Novi-2000 would be a good choice????
Its $3500 for the kit w/out the air/air cooler and $4900 w/ the cooler...
If I just got the basic 2K kit would it be fine to run like 11-12lbs boost till I get the cooler?????
What power should I expect w/out the cooler????
and what are the power levels I could expect w/ the cooler at high boost??

#'s

you can pretty much go by my additions and get a good idea as far as #'s go. i have the upgraded pi heads/intake, comp cams(278's), mac l/t's, accufab 75 mm throttle body, lightning mass air meter along with an sq vortech with no aftercooler. at the time, money was getting me and the wifey a little worried, so i opted to get the after or inner cooler at a later date from paxton. i had ed clark tune my car, if you don't know him, he is probably 3rd in line with sct-software and that's because chris(or chip:bang: ) and jerry wromblewski designed sct. but ed doesn't go for the dyno queens, he like his name and his cars to last and give him a good reputation.
after the first pull, ed was stoked along with the other 15-20 people standing and waiting for a readout. now you have to remember i do have ross 8:5 to 1 compression pistons, bored .30 over, manley rod, beehive valve springs fluidyne rad., and i still have not changed the pulley on it since i bought it 3 years ago, maybe longer, who cares.
one more thing to remember is that the vortech i have is a stock 3.6 pulley making 9lbs. of boost with the anderson powerpipe. now all this on my sct software put me in the 460+rwhp on a stock vortech. me and my buddy were stoked, ed was so much he called chris steen(part owner of steen racing) and was braggin that my car was the most powerful 2v with my setup he had tuned up until the last two months. just realize, like ed told me, if you don't have an intercooler, you need one bad because the good and the bad points are always going to keep your head spinning like mine. he told me for instance, and assurance on two more cars with snow performance methanol injection and bam, instang 75-80rwhp. another good thing about the sct-software is that it measures the iat(which should be tapped in right before the t/b. the sct takes care of another tune, it tunes it as it needs to be tuned.
like my inlet temps right now going down the road are in the 225-233deg. and that's why my timing is and i mean my entire timing is set at 8 deg., so back to the story, say i make exactly 460rwhp, add the methanol kit and bump it up 80rwhp, and then change the pulley to a 2.8, can't go with the new 2.6 they just released because the s-trim will be maxxed out at 16-17lbs. of boost. so quickly add 460+80+let's see, every lb. of boost is around 11rwhp extra and i'm in the 8.5lbs, well you do the math, it's going to be sick nasty. your talking 460+80+around 88 to 95rwhp.:jaw: . that my friend with a stock pulley, but add the two things i just mentioned and ed is expecting me to be in the 640-650ish rwhp on a 2v. all this with stock plastic intake w/ the revised aluminum crossover ford did a recall on.:D

stay away from a procharger, i've had to many friends have nothing but issues. A novi 2000 with the boost turned up will do exactly what you want. However a 550rwhp centi car is gonna be a slower car then a 500rwhp roots/screw type car due to the roots/screw having a broader powerband.

Saleen01-677 said:
stay away from a procharger, i've had to many friends have nothing but issues. A novi 2000 with the boost turned up will do exactly what you want. However a 550rwhp centi car is gonna be a slower car then a 500rwhp roots/screw type car due to the roots/screw having a broader powerband.

Could the N-2000 make over 600 w/out that much boost???
From what Ive heard about them is that they can make a lot of power easily...
There website doesnt give much info on them....

129saleen said:
So the Novi-2000 would be a good choice????
Its $3500 for the kit w/out the air/air cooler and $4900 w/ the cooler...
If I just got the basic 2K kit would it be fine to run like 11-12lbs boost till I get the cooler?????
What power should I expect w/out the cooler????
and what are the power levels I could expect w/ the cooler at high boost??

If you get in from MPH it is with out the cooler...the intercoolers are like another 1200 I think. Install is like 550, at least it was the last time I checked!! As far as boost yeah you could run 12 pounds, but it would hurt your horsepower, because of the heat you would be pushing through, because you dont have the intercooler. They tuned a fully built engine, with a Novi 2000 and it only made like mid 400 rwhp, just because his inlet temps were so high. If he added the cooler he would have made ALOT more power, due to cooler air charge.

Your blower choice really depends on how you drive your car. Do you want endless top-end power? If so, go with a Vortech or a Novi. Keep in-mind you'll be missing some torque with a centi blower. If you want a car with some serious low-end grunt but falls off on the top-end, get a roots/twinscrew. Any of the choices mentioned above will get you the numbers you want for HP, but you will see a diffference in the TQ numbers.

I'll tell ya', though, I like high speed racing and racing bikes with my car and the only choice for me is the Vortech.....

BTW,

there is a guy around here with a '04 GT with a Novi 2000 making over 700 rwhp which translates into low 11sec quarters at 5200 ft above sea-level.