Which Bullitt wheel looks best for white 2000 GT Mustang?

Which bullitt looks best on 2000 White GT Mustang

• Chrome Deep Dish

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Anthrocite Deep Dish

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Ironwarrior

Jun 24, 2007
Which Bullitt wheel looks best for white 2000 GT Mustang?
I installed a 1.25 drop on front and back and am planning getting a set of staggered 18s
- 275-40 front
- 285-40 rear

What do you guys think would look best?
I am pretty torn, first I like Athrodites, then I bounce back to the chrome.

Chrome Bullitts ???? or

1024-wallpaper-30.jpg

Anthrocite Bullits
m3.jpg

Here is my car now....
DSC00675-1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The correct answer is D: None of the Above. Go with black bullitts. Black wheels on a white car is one of the only ones I truly like (it is good on yellow, and maybe red...but thats it). It is a big contrast and that makes it stand out....especially if you put on some black accents (chin spoiler, tinted head/tail lights, tinted windows). I love chrome, but not on a white car. The anthracite is just dark grey, if you are going that far, just go black.

Thanks for your suggestions..
Nightfire:
I agree, I hate my wheels...haha

Vertigasen:
I considered black bullets, but in my opinion they just look like a black blob. They are not very defined at night and the dark black just takes away from the accents of the wheel I think.
Everytime I keep being lured in by the chrome or anthrocites.

Hey you guys know if using 275x40 in the front if they will rub? Or should I go with 275x35 instead?
I wanted to stay away from the shoe string tires cause they cause more vibration from the road.

Anthracite + a grille delete + wingless = win

Hi there...:D

Edit.aspx
Edit.aspx
24914040213_large.jpg

Backshotuse.jpg
[/IMG]
Backshotuse.jpg

Frontshot1.jpg

I definitely prefer Anthracite on a white GT. Next choice is chrome. I don't like black wheels on a white GT (just personal preference, not knocking anyone who does by any means) unless it's NOT you're standard Bullitt, FR-500, Saleen, Cobra, etc.

Hey there Burningrubber.. (my twin) :rlaugh:
Nice mustang.. thanks for sharing. The Anthrocites definitely look sweet.
- What size drop you have?
- What size wheels and tires are you running?

I agree, I don't care much for the black bullitts on a white mustang (personal taste).
This is why I have narrowed down the athrocites and chrome bullitts as my favorites.
Either one I don't think you can go wrong, but I think I will get the athrocites which will
be a bit less flashy as the chrome.

Hey there Burningrubber.. (my twin) :rlaugh:
Nice mustang.. thanks for sharing. The Anthrocites definitely look sweet.
- What size drop you have?
- What size wheels and tires are you running?

I agree, I don't care much for the black bullitts on a white mustang (personal taste).
This is why I have narrowed down the athrocites and chrome bullitts as my favorites.
Either one I don't think you can go wrong, but I think I will get the athrocites which will
be a bit less flashy as the chrome.

Thanks.

I'm using Roush springs. I'd say about 1.25 up front and about 1.5 in the back, but I'm also running adjustable lower control arms. Not a big drop. Those springs were intended to keep the Roush body parts from scraping the ground. They offer good handling but not a huge drop.

The wheels are factory 17x8 up front (245/45/17) and 17x10.5 in the rear (315/35/17). Front tires are Goodyears, rear are Sumitomo HTR-Z.

They are a bit less flashy, but they are a great match on white cars in my opinion. I like chrome as well. All boils down to personal preference.

Reactions: 1 user
BR,
It sounds like we have very similar springs...
I used the HR Race Springs which lowered mine about 1.25 inch front and back.
I also have the rear adjustable control arms. I can drop the back on the fly so the body is sitting on the tire if I want to.
It's nice to have the flexibility there. I just wish sometimes I had that flexibility in the front. I was thinking of adding coilovers on the front for that purpose.
That way I can easily dial in the exact height I want. Then if I go to low, I can just adjust it back up a bit. I think I will order my wheels within the week.
American Muscle said they were out of the tires for now. I was planning on going with 275/40/18 in front and 285/40/18 in back. Do you know the torque on those?
I am guessing about 95-100 ft/lbs

Yeah, I'd love coilovers up front to be able to make it sit like a 4x4 or almost hit the ground, haha.

Torque should be same as stock, about 90-95ft lbs if I recall. A little more won't hurt.

Kewl now the only thing that is bothering me is whether I should run 255-40-18 or 275-40-18 in the front.
I want to make sure I have no rubbing issues. I know that I can go large in back with no issues. I guess I will
just call American Muscle on Monday and let them steer me in the right direction. The longer I wait the balder
my front tires get. Right now they are balder than a babies (_|_) .

I vote for chrome bullitts because I don't see vary many white Mustangs with them anymore, a lot seem to have black rims these days. I plan on either chrome or anthracite for my new rims, I will prob just go with anthracite cause im cheap and I wont have to buy 2 new rims... But yeah I understand its a difficult decision!

Btw Burning Rubber I know I told you before but your car is one of my favorites on this site, its the perfect height that I want for mine.

Hey TrueBlue....
Yeah it is to bad they didn't have a place where you could go in and mount the various wheels yourself on your car to try them out.
Your wheels already look good. Why would you say you would have to buy 2 new rims? Is that because you want to go with a 10 or 10.5 inch rim on the rear?
If that's the case then yeah, I would just get the 2, since you already have the fronts. Do you have a bigger picture of your car to show?

Tire rack allows you to put rims on the car and see them but its only on a picture drawing not a real car... Ya one of my OEM rims are bent which causes the car to shake the steering wheel whenever I brake at speeds above 75mph, its really annoying. Thats why I plan on getting the deep dish anthracite rims to match the stockers.

Heres some recent pictures of it.

087.jpg

094-1.jpg

Attachments

• 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 094-1.jpg
    094-1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 591
I have tried Tire Rack, but the photos are of a very plain mustang and the photos just don't give you a real good idea IMO of how they really look.

Thanks for sharing your photos, your car looks sharp. You will be all set after swapping your 2 rear with the deep dish.
I think the darker cars even look better with the Athracites. I know I have seen a few black cars and they look sick with those.

Is your car lowered, if so what springs did you use?

I have tried Tire Rack, but the photos are of a very plain mustang and the photos just don't give you a real good idea IMO of how they really look.

Thanks for sharing your photos, your car looks sharp. You will be all set after swapping your 2 rear with the deep dish.
I think the darker cars even look better with the Athracites. I know I have seen a few black cars and they look sick with those.

Is your car lowered, if so what springs did you use?

Thanks I think Anthracite will be the best for it, and the car has stock springs on it right now. I plan on getting H&R lowering springs sometime soon in February when I finish making payments on it.