Which cams?

superstang01

Oct 11, 2006
Kingston, On, Canada
Im looking at doing the rest of my exhaust this winter and a pair of good blower cams(plan on going with a blower in the fall) Im just trying to figure out which cams to go with?

Pretty much i want a cam that performs good and gives a good gain, But i REALLY want a cam that sounds good at idle.. ive been doing some research and ive seen that the Comp Cams XE278AH are a nice sounding cam, but are they overkill for a stock 4.6??

I heard that when a blower cam is used when the motor is N/A the car can feel sluggish, is this true??

Can anyone recommend a good sounding/performing blower cam to me??

• Sponsors (?)

blower cams will not have as much of the aggresive idle sound as a similiar n/a cam because of the lsa. it is also why a n/a cam with a tighter lsa is not very good with a blower because the boost gets blown out exhaust.

The comp xe278ah is a n/a cam and although sounds good may not be the best choice for forced induction.

I like my vt stage 3's.they sound pretty good.as far as the sluggish issue, I would think the blower cams would have more low and midrange power again because of the lsa