Which Coilovers For This Stance?

robertdeuce

Jul 10, 2011
BLr02NdBrKn.jpg
anyone?

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

The question about how low you can go depends on your particular headers and how they are mounted in your car.

Coil overs are adjustable to get the ride height you want. If the exhaust scrubs the ground....raise it up.

Go with a well known brand coil over set and you'll be alright.

Just trying to find the break off point between ride height and still handling well(with long tube headers in mind)

Do you think the car in the picture is too low to where the handling is affected negatively?

Mine's about that low and I'd say it still handles pretty good ;)

That's #425-lb coilovers on Koni's and an MM front end. Rear end is 550-lb conventionals on adjustable-height LCA's and a lot of :leghump:ing around with pinion angle. I don't think you'd have any hope with longtubes but that's just me.

image_zpskyqyhqd2.jpe

Reactions: 2 users
IMG_0960.JPG
My fronts with mm coilover kit 150#spring(street/strip). This is as low as it will go and still have clearance. Lower by about 1 1/2" lower than stock. Rear is Team Z drag springs about 3/4- 1" drop from stock.

Reactions: 1 user
Check your bumpsteer on your front end if you go low. Look at the angle of your control arms up front. Ideal for handling is to have them horizontal (level with your k-member). You probably won't be able to achieve that, but somewhere between 5*-10* will make your handling feel nice and tight.

Get a MM front end if you can swing it. Their standard setting k-member will move your front wheels forward 3/4". This will change your caster setting in a positive way and really change your handling a lot.

Lowering alone will cause you bump steer issues.

BTW, who's blue car is that? I absolutely LOVE that engine bay!

Mines pretty low. No coil overs .

Eibach pro kit springs up front , strange 10 way shocks and struts , team z drag spring in the rear . Upr c/c plates and bump steer kit .

Attachments

• IMG_6575.JPG
    IMG_6575.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: 1 user