Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Med Yellow Gold

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

electricgreen

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Western NY
Ok, we are building our 73 into an Eleanor clone (for the original '74 version, not the one with Nicholas Cage). Here's the dilema-we *think* she was actually a 71 BOSS 351, not a 73 Mach (even the website says she was a 71, we have done some looking into the history of the car and believe it was really a BOSS). Now, this leaves us with having to decide which shade of yellow. Most models show her as a brighter yellow, but looking at the pics, we dont think she was.

Here is a pic of the real Eleanor:

Crew%20shoots%20Eleanor%20a%23D6BFC.jpg

Now, here is a 71 BOSS, in med. yellow gold:

Butterstoch.jpg

Here is a 73 in Med bright yellow (the correct color for a 73 Mach in yellow):

73-6E.jpg

What would you do? We're going for correctness here, but we're not sold on the "orangy" color of the 71 BOSS.:shrug:

Attachments

• Crew%20shoots%20Eleanor%20a%23D6BFC.jpg
    Crew%20shoots%20Eleanor%20a%23D6BFC.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Butterstoch.jpg
    Butterstoch.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 652
  • 73-6E.jpg
    73-6E.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Sponsors (?)

I like the 71 color better, but only because it's the better OF THE TWO. I think both aren't that great. I did find a chrome yellow that would have worked well if it could have been matched, but it's been a while, and I don'y know if Testors still makes it.

~Critter

That would explain why I want to refer to it as school bus yellow...ugh. I really dont know if I can get into that color, I really like the more yellowy yellows-like Zinc/bright yellow/med bright yellow...good thing we wont have to decide for a little while, we need to get her into one piece before orrying baout paint color!!