Which exhaust setup should I go with? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey guys,

About 6 months ago I bought a 93 GT. As soon as I got in my garage I stripped it down and started modding. This is how the car sits as of right now:

Willwood 4 piston brakes all around
Wilwood 12.5 rotors all around
Wilwood Master Cylinder
FRPP 4.10s
Moser 31 Spline Axles
FRPP 31 Trac Loc
Welded Axle Tubes
FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft
TA Performance Differential Girdle
AJE Tubular K Member
HPM Megabite Jrs. LCAs
Steeda Double Adjustable UCAs
Strange 10-way Adjustable Shocks and Struts
Steeda Sport Springs
Konig 17X8 Rims
Nitto 555 Tires 255/40

The point is, I have built a great foundation and now I am looking to add power. I want the car to be a bad ass street/strip car which will be driven daily. To be driven daily it must pass emmisions. My question is what exhaust setup should I go with that will give me nice gains but still allow me to pass emissions here in VA?

My two thoughts I have right now were:
BBK ceramic coated longtubes with catted H
or
BBK equal-length shortys with catted H

I was then talking to others online and they believed that if I had longtubes I would never pass the sniffer test here in VA. Is this true? If so can you guys suggest some new setups that will still gain me power. I would greatly appreciate your guys input and hope you guys can help me out to find what I need. Thanks

Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

I was always under the impression that longtubes don't even pass visual inspection in most states, even with cats...?

If I had the money, myself, I'd go with FRPP unequal-length shorties and Bassani X-pipe/cat-back (stainless all the way, baby!). Since I'm not worried at all about rust where I'm at, and because I wanted to make as small a dent in my debt situation as I could afford, I opted for what's in my sig, with stock headers. Wanted an Edelbrock cat-back, but they're on backorder 'till November...