Which Explorer intake?

I'm going to be hitting the junkyards during my holiday time off. With my 94GT, which year Explorer intake is best for me? Does anyone have pics of the one to look for? What about the heads? I figure if I find an intake, I will probably find the GT 40 heads also, Right? What do I need to look for guys? Edumacate me on the subject :p

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed a 96 Explorer U/L....This yr had the internal EGR passage, thats why i got the 96....Just in case i want the EGR, its there...Other years were external on the EGR...

Good luck. most salvage yards now their worth, and they sell quick...the GT40 heads on the same motor can be harder to find...depends where you live i guess...up here in N.E., they can be hard to score thru a salvage yard...they usually have guys waiting for em....people are asking some decent prices for em..you gotta find that smokin deal, ya know...

For what its worth....since i scan classifieds alot...you can score a GT40 lower for right around 100.00 and the Cobra/94-95 Cobra uppers/GT40 tubular uppers can be had for around the same price....Explorer U/Ls are going for like 200-250, and then add the shipping in??? So shop around....a GT40 lower, even off and Explorer will take all the above uppers....seems theres more and more for sale lately....
some dude last week on Corral, was selling a 94/94 Cobra upper last week for like 100.00... :bang: Scam at GT40 lower for cheap money and your done....The Explorer upper needs an elbow, so theres a few bucks too....

Tmoss in the 5.0 tech side has some info on Ex years and such...you could PM him for the skinny....

rudeone707 said:
If you get an explorer intake what kind of tb spacer do you need for it to work?

Rude....I'm have a UPR EGR delete spacer coming for mine, it should be 3/8"-1/2" thick...The hardware that came with the TB had like 1 1/4" long bolts, so I'm thinking the above spacer should work??? Still kinda winging it here...seen some pics of these Explorers on 95s, but thats about it....

I have the Fox 65 TB off a 96 Ex, got the spacer on the way, and found the Fox throttle cable and bracket to...shortly after Xmas gonna do a dry run to see how things go together....think the only other item is to get the elec connection for the Fox TPS and figure out a CAI system....
So far i have less than 100.00 for the TB, spacer, throttle cable...