Which Fuel Injector For Supercharger?

15GTrob

5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
I'm starting to scout out some parts for the supercharger. I'm planning on going with the ProCharger Tuner kit. My goal is to get the car around 650 RWHP and 47lb /hour I don't think will be quite strong enough for that much power. The only injectors I've found for the 15 are just shy of $1000.00 I see that there's quite a few to choose from for all other years with prices that very based on performance. I don't know a lot about fuel injectors or forced induction so any input will be helpful and appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you absolutely decided on Procharger? If so I won't give you my Vortech spiel :)
I can say that there is no harm in going bigger on a fuel injector as the car will be tuned either way. I personally have made 646 rwhp with my S550 and use ID1000 fuel injectors. The duty cycle is low enough that I have room to make more power with them yet the drivability is spot on and fuel economy is very good. I've recently done a Procharger install on a 13' coyote and we were supplied with 650cc injectors, while they did the trick and supported 580 rwhp they did not leave much room to make a lot more power. While they do make S550 specific injectors, 11-14' coyote injectors will work (that is what I'm using) with a spacer between the injector and fuel rail.
The only other fuel modification that I made was the installation of the Boost-A-Pump. I far prefer the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump with a hobbs switch over any of the pedal activated units such as the JMS.
As far as cost goes, get your wallet out because none of this is inexpensive... Personally I am concerned with the oil pump gears and crank sprocket in my car and will be tearing into the motor to upgrade those this winter.

Thanks @84Ttop , that's really helpful! I'm not dead set on pro charger. I however do not want a roots style blower because I've watched an install and saw all the grinding on the block and the fact I have to cut my upper K brace and remove my strut tower brace.... I paid extra for that stuff so I would like to add power and keep them all intact. I'm very wishy washy and go with the moment on car stuff. I'm actually considering building the drivetrain and adding Nitrous as well. I'm going to be on about a $7,000.00 budget.

To be completely honest, a 7k$ budget is a good chunk of change! This stuff does add up quickly though and you will easily spend all of that by the time you finish the blower deal with custom tuning and what not. Will you be doing the install yourself or having someone do it? This will greatly affect the budget that you have to work with.

FWIW, the procharger install that I did a few weeks ago on the '13 had us cutting the front bumper and plastic shielding for intercooler clearance and what not. The directions mentioned minor trimming but that was far from the case. Unfortunately I can't post any pictures of that install as it's slated to be published in some up coming media.
What I can do is forward you the install instructions on a Vortech kit so that you could see exactly what you are getting yourself into. The only modifications required on their kit will be: Several coolant hoses cut and re routed, one tab behind the fender bent out of the way and radiator shroud modifications (they include all the parts to do this). I won't lie, I'm very partial to the Vortech stuff. I feel that they do a better job at R&D, build a better product and stand behind their products more so than any other blower manufacture out there.
This was after I installed the strut tower brace on my hoopty: (keep in mind that mine is slightly different than the production S550 kits as that this is a JT trim and was done as a prototype preproduction unit.)
2015-08-19 21.21.20.jpg

I do plan to do all the mechanical myself. I'm not familiar with tuning I'm considered going to a shop local to me called Ramsey's Performance. I hard that pro charger completely re-designed their kit for the 2015 however I'm not really partial to anything since I've never supercharged a vehicle before. I'll compare the two install manuals to help decide. Do you have any experience with nitrous? I'm now seriously considering that as my power adder so I can afford my supporting drivetrain mods. I'd really like to be able to put the power to the ground. =)

I do plan to do all the mechanical myself. I'm not familiar with tuning I'm considered going to a shop local to me called Ramsey's Performance. I hard that pro charger completely re-designed their kit for the 2015 however I'm not really partial to anything since I've never supercharged a vehicle before. I'll compare the two install manuals to help decide. Do you have any experience with nitrous? I'm now seriously considering that as my power adder so I can afford my supporting drivetrain mods. I'd really like to be able to put the power to the ground. =)
I have quite a bit of Nitrous experience as well, it is a much cheaper initial investment but the power is not always there. You will need to regularly fill the bottle and to be completely honest it's a lot more work after the install to maintain than a blower. I do not recommend driving on the street with a nitrous bottle in the trunk either, hot car in the summer with a tank full of nitrous doesn't work out well imho. Stick to the blower, you'll be much happier to always have the power available :)