Which head gaskets are you using with stock 302 block?

• Sponsors (?)

I used the 1011-2's the last go around. For a mild build I think they work very well. My father-n-law has used them on a 400hp,11.5:1 compression strip motor for several years and never had a problem with them. If you decide to go with these, they can be bought cheaper as Ford Racing Gaskets. I don't have the part# on hand, but I bought them from Late Model Restoration under the FRPP name and they are the same thing as Fel-Pro 1011-2...they have it stamped right on the edge. They were significantly cheaper this way.

I used the 1011-2's the last go around. For a mild build I think they work very well. My father-n-law has used them on a 400hp,11.5:1 compression strip motor for several years and never had a problem with them. If you decide to go with these, they can be bought cheaper as Ford Racing Gaskets. I don't have the part# on hand, but I bought them from Late Model Restoration under the FRPP name and they are the same thing as Fel-Pro 1011-2...they have it stamped right on the edge. They were significantly cheaper this way.

Same thing I have.

I hope these hold up. I wanted to do 1011's.

Rick what are you torquing ARP head bolts down on aluminum heads with 8548's? I think we are at 65 or 68 right now. We did 3 part torque number in specific sequence as recommended.

Little worried about the timing cover install. The bottom cork oil pan gaskets moved during the install. The driver side oil pan bolt to the timing cover seems like its just spinning (just one out of the two). I would die if we had to do it all over again. The heat index has been over 100 for 8 straight days with 100% humidity and getting hotter.

We are down to installing front accessories and upper intake. Oh and we have to remove the stock fuel pump for a 255.

It's pretty rare that a head gasket blows and that it's the head gasket itself that's at fault.
Detonation, improper install, acidic coolant, overheating are usually what kills a head gasket.
My buddy uses 9333pt1's on almost everything, if it detonates, you would rather replace a head gasket than a piston or crank.

I torque them to the ARP spec, I use black Permatex on the lower bolts per the advice of a ARP tech after I had a string of bad luck with the ARP liquid teflon.

We run the 8548 on a Renegade car at 24+ lbs of boost when it was all we could get our hand on.

Hey XP, my motorplates will be here monday. Project 32v will be in full effect.