Which is louder: Magnaflows vs. 2 chamber Flows

Which would sound better?

• 1 Chambers: It won't be too loud!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 2 Chambers: Sound better than the 1 chambers.

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

stangtrooper97

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2002
King of Prussia
I figured my magnaflow catback would wake-up after I put on the off-road prochamber but I'm not happy with the results. I had 2 Chamber flows on my old Mustang but its hard to tell which is louder. I'm thinking the 2 chambers are louder. I want it louder plus I love the Flowmaster sound.

I've thought that I might go 1 chamber flows also. I've heard a prochamber with magnapaks and it wasn't too loud at all. Are the magnapaks similar in volume to the 1 chambers?

So which should it be? 1 or 2 chambers?

• Sponsors (?)

My buddy with a 95 cobra has one chamber race flows and dang is it loud has no cats and aftermarket h pipe. Sounds like a race car. But he dumped it now and dosent sound bad that way. My moms stang had magnaflows on her 99 gt didnt sound bad but not all that loud.

streetstang03 said:
my 2 chamber flows and MT.com o/r xpipe is pretty damn loud :evil:

Yeah, Cam thats what I had on my old car. It does sound awesome. The prochamber is SIGNIFICANTLY quiter than the MT X-pipe so thats why I"m leaning towards the 1 chambers. I want it deep ad I've heard that the 1 chambers are deepter than the 2 chambers.

Hey, yeah the Prochamber is a quieter pipe. Then coupled with your Magnaflow catback, which is also a quieter catback, its probably not as loud as you would like. I had a Prochamber with Magnapacks myself, and it was a great deep sound, throughout the RPM range, but just not loud enough. Now I have a BBK O/R H Pipe with the Magnapacks, and it is too loud. I mean I like it loud, but it gives off this fart noise as it pops at around 3 grand. So Im switching catbacks and I am probably going to go with the normal Magnaflow, because I love my tips. Hopefully that will quiet down that popping noise and give me a nice deep sound. What do you think? You like the Magnaflow? And as for your question, I think you should keep the catback and switch pipes. The prochamber is just not that loud, and I dont think another catback will open it up as much as you might want. You should change to an O/R H, paired with your catback it should sound perfect. At least thats what I am hoping when I go that route. I also run LT headers.

Blinkstang said:
Hey, yeah the Prochamber is a quieter pipe. Then coupled with your Magnaflow catback, which is also a quieter catback, its probably not as loud as you would like. I had a Prochamber with Magnapacks myself, and it was a great deep sound, throughout the RPM range, but just not loud enough. Now I have a BBK O/R H Pipe with the Magnapacks, and it is too loud. I mean I like it loud, but it gives off this fart noise as it pops at around 3 grand. So Im switching catbacks and I am probably going to go with the normal Magnaflow, because I love my tips. Hopefully that will quiet down that popping noise and give me a nice deep sound. What do you think? You like the Magnaflow? And as for your question, I think you should keep the catback and switch pipes. The prochamber is just not that loud, and I dont think another catback will open it up as much as you might want. You should change to an O/R H, paired with your catback it should sound perfect. At least thats what I am hoping when I go that route. I also run LT headers.

I love the prochamber so that is staying. The magnaflow catback has pissed me off since I got it. It rattles and I've taken it to 2 different shops to get it fixed and nobody seems to be able to do it. It never fit right to begin with. Since the prochamber is so quiet, I'm leaning more towards the 1 chambers.

Any other opinions?