Suspension Which Isolators?

The way that they did it, and why they did it are two totally different discussions. Will I replace the restrictive factory headers with better ones because I don't like the way ford went about it? Yes. Should I remove (and not replace) parts that they put in place for a reason? Thats different.

Don't get too bent out of shape on this. We made a suggestion because we thought you might have asked the question with the understanding that the isolators were absolutely necessary. Ford designs the car to a different standard than what some people are looking for. They are trying to meet a certain standard of ride comfort and longevity while most of us are only concerned with performance.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is wrapped with electrical tape. Kinda dampers the squeaks. I preffer it because it's even lower ;)

Or just use the correct springs to lower it to what you're wanting...lol.

The "Kinda dampens the squeaks" won't cut it for some people. Others probably don't care if it makes some noise.

Personally I run the stock iso's on both my cars. My '95 sits so low that I can't even fit my arm under the rocker panel just behind the front wheels. It takes two people to get it on a two post lift....one to raise the body by lifting at the wheel well and the other to swing the arm into place...lol. My longtube collectors sit about 2-3" off the ground. I couldn't imagine it any lower without the iso's. It does ride quite well to my surprise with no unwanted noise or squeaks except for the exhaust rumble and blower whine, but that's not unwanted :D Maybe it only having 54k original miles on it helps also.

My '02 doesn't sit as low, but the wife drives it more than I do... :(

Or just use the correct springs to lower it to what you're wanting...lol.

The "Kinda dampens the squeaks" won't cut it for some people. Others probably don't care if it makes some noise.

Personally I run the stock iso's on both my cars. My '95 sits so low that I can't even fit my arm under the rocker panel just behind the front wheels. It takes two people to get it on a two post lift....one to raise the body by lifting at the wheel well and the other to swing the arm into place...lol. My longtube collectors sit about 2-3" off the ground. I couldn't imagine it any lower without the iso's. It does ride quite well to my surprise with no unwanted noise or squeaks except for the exhaust rumble and blower whine, but that's not unwanted :D Maybe it only having 54k original miles on it helps also.

My '02 doesn't sit as low, but the wife drives it more than I do... :(

Some of us would rather remove the iso's then cut the springs to go lower... Im not a fan of coil overs and im as low as i can get on aftermarket springs without buying bags. However even though id like to go lower, the V bands on my long tubes hang low enough.

Some of us would rather remove the iso's then cut the springs to go lower... Im not a fan of coil overs and im as low as i can get on aftermarket springs without buying bags. However even though id like to go lower, the V bands on my long tubes hang low enough.

I don't think he's talking about cutting the springs, I think he's saying just get a spring that's designed to be even lower. Removing the isolators is the more correct way to do it, because it gives you more spring travel though.

I feel the pain. Since I swapped the K-member my front is so low it's a hassle. I have a 7 qt oil pan which dips way down, and I'm terrified of going over stuff because that's pretty much the first thing to get hit.

Kurt

I don't think he's talking about cutting the springs, I think he's saying just get a spring that's designed to be even lower. Removing the isolators is the more correct way to do it, because it gives you more spring travel though.

I feel the pain. Since I swapped the K-member my front is so low it's a hassle. I have a 7 qt oil pan which dips way down, and I'm terrified of going over stuff because that's pretty much the first thing to get hit.

Kurt

I know. But i already have the lowest springs available (so its either go coilovers, remove iso's, or bag it), i barely made it on the dyno lol.

The thicker iso that sits on top of the spring is the one I always ditch. The bottom one that goes around the last coil always falls apart when taken off. You can wrap both ends in tape or just get some heater hose. I have done both methods and really just whichever you have handy will work.

Also being so low that you can't drive the car is pointless. I have been through that stage and it's pathetic. I want my car to be driveable and be able to handle.

I agree. But once you put on 18's you gain an inch over the factory 17's so that is something to consider. Which I'm planning on doing. So even if I lowered the car 2.4", with the new wheels, that would only really be 1.4" cause I'm not going to sacrifice any tire height. I won't do that heh.

I agree. But once you put on 18's you gain an inch over the factory 17's so that is something to consider. Which I'm planning on doing. So even if I lowered the car 2.4", with the new wheels, that would only really be 1.4" cause I'm not going to sacrifice any tire height. I won't do that heh.

That inch is in diameter.... :nono: any dr. or scientist would know that. :p

Yeah I was counting on having to correct the speedo. I'm not one to sacrifice any tire height/ride comfort. These things ride rough enough as it is being muscle cars, they don't need any help getting rougher.