Which mod should be next?

• Sponsors (?)

It will take alot more power than what hes got to break his rearend.

I would just keep saving for a blower. The cams will help but if you cant install them yourself your talking big bucks with minimal gains. A TC is a good mod but kinda affects DD because your RPMs go up and you dont even move. The TC is really only good for the track also.

streetstang03 said:
the cams are the same price, but you need to add a TC to use the cams effecively. w/ a 5-speed, you dont need a TC. TC will cost ~$800, plus install. then factor ~$550 for cams, plus install and then a dyno tune.

Roger that, thanks a lot for the info.

I could install the cams myself, but I don't think I could do the TC. I am not transmission inclined at all. Hell, I'm scared to do the J-mod:) Could any tranny shop do that?

You've got a good foundation going so it looks like its time to save your money and go for big bang. Which is build the motor or buy a blower....It looks like you are getting past the penny ante stage in your build.
If you are going to F/I and want to go crazy with it, you could start with putting together a forged motor. Or buy the blower first and build the motor when you want 12+lbs of boost.

I'd love to get a blower, but it really isn't feasable for me money-wise. At least not until I pay the car off & get a >50" HDTV. It's hard for me to save, anyways. Everytime I get any extra money I spend it almost immediately on the Mustang. So unless $4K falls in my lap...

That's why I was thinking cams for some grins & a fun wintertime project; I am already replacing the plenum & intake manifold, so I figure since I'm already in there...but it sounds like it might be a waste without a TC.

just doing cams isn't that huge of a difference....not to mention the cost involved in swapping them out. If you are going that route, save up for heads and cams at the same time.
Like I said before you are kind of past the nickle and dime add ons at this point.....

nwapache said:
just doing cams isn't that huge of a difference....not to mention the cost involved in swapping them out. If you are going that route, save up for heads and cams at the same time.
Like I said before you are kind of past the nickle and dime add ons at this point.....

I beg to differ if you add a set of stage 1 cams you are looking at adding 15-25rwhp there will be noticable sotp gains, cams are one of the best bang for the buck "boltons" if you can install them yourself. In your situation I would go ahead and order a set of vt stage 1 cams.