which muffler for best sound

Hey i have mac shorties goin back to 2 1/2 off road h pipe and these crappy flowmasters in which i dont know exactly what model they are, but it isnt the sound im looking for. I dont want an obnoxious sound, but a little louder deeper tone. Whats the muffler most guys are going with for my preference?

• Sponsors (?)

Sound is so subjective - everybody's opinion is different. Sound clips are almost useless - rarely do they give you any idea of the volume of a system, let alone what it sounds like inside the car; and they can't tell you anything about those nasty resonances that drive us all crazy at certain rpms. And things like long tubes vs. shorties, h vs. x pipes, cats or not, etc. and even engine build/tune/mods can change the sound level and quality even with the same mufflers. Best you can do is find someone that has a system you like the sound of and go for ride to see what it sounds like inside. If the rest of your exhaust components and engine build are similar, you may be able to duplicate the sound with yours.

on my 79i have long tubes an OR hpipe and a borla cat back, personally i dont like it
on my 86 i had stock shorties, or hpipe, and flormaster 2 chambers, loud enuf but not overly loud, i liked it
my friend has MAC shorties, or hpipe and a MAC cat back and i LOVE the way his car sounds