Which OBD-II scanner - 97 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Don't know about that one you mention but I used a Diablosport Hellion. In addition to normal codes, it has freeze-frame capability and live monitoring to see what is happening under real conditions. It meets my needs.

I bought the innova eqqus 3100. Its decent, but lacks real-time data gathering. Also, the instructions had no information on different companies drive cycles. I went to www.obdii.com to get drive cycle info for ford. Once I completed a full drive cycle, everything was coolio.

Side note: The reason I wanted a code scanner was that my CEL kept coming on. It showed an initial error of P0172 (I think) which was indicated a rich condition on bank 2 (I think O2 sensor).

I decided to check the plugs and resistance of each plug wire. What I discovered was that the plugs were gapped at about .040 (or thereabouts). I've owned the car one year, and the guys I bought it from stated he had just put new plugs and wires in it. I assume he just put the plugs in without gapping. Once I gapped the plugs to .055, everything was good and I have not had the CEl light come back on.

Thanks,

Chris