which one? 87 t-top gt or 84 mercury capri rs?

stock90GT

Oct 13, 2006
which one would you rather have? both are rollers (or will be), not to much of a price difference(couple hundred difference), the 87 t-top car really doesn't need any bodywork, just paint, of course, 8.8, red interior,turbine wheels, and the 84 capri is an rs, t-tops, i think it has red interior, 7.5, and i think he planned on putting 10 holes on it if i bought it
here is the deal, i have a 92 gt parts car,so i have a motor,tranny, and pretty much anything else needed already to stick it in the 87, but i need a carb, some misc. things, like front cover,fuel pump eccentric, etc. what would you rather have, like i said the body on the mustang is pretty good, needing paint , while the capri needs a few little (not huge) dents,

which one? i was holding out on a coupe, but i need something like now,i figure put one of them together and sell/trade it to get a coupe,like i said which one?

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0029.jpg

the dent above the middle of the wheel arch, and thats bird poop, and i don't know what the orangish showing was
IMG_0032.jpg

i don't have any pics of the 87 t-top gt though

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 59
i would have bought either of the cars already if they were hardtops, i personally dislike the t-tops, which both of them have, iwas actually on my way to buy a hardtop, which turned out to be sunroof capri until i got there and it was crap was/is still totally misrepresented in his ad, that brought me back to looking, and my friend still has these two, he has a 80 hardtop capri with aluminum front and rear bumpers that he will not let go of, and it has the better looking taillights, and the regular mustang hatch, being what they are, the mustang would probably sell easier right?

ahhh the people that just say T-tops will only give you problems make me laugh. they never say that about sunroof or vert cars, just t-top cars. I lean to the people that say that have no experiance with a T. its why they sell new weatherstripping.

Persoanlly I would go with the 87, only because it looks like that merc. ran the baja 1000 just yesterday... unless thats how the 87 looks as well.

ahhh the people that just say T-tops will only give you problems make me laugh. they never say that about sunroof or vert cars, just t-top cars. I lean to the people that say that have no experiance with a T. its why they sell new weatherstripping.

ya...for like $300 and these cars are getting pretty old and with the door sag the new seals dont help all that much. (atleast in my case)