Which remote starter?

base5002

Jun 15, 2004
Tustin, CA
Ok I've been looking at getting a remote starter for my car and if the price is right it will get done soon. My question is which one would you all go with and where would I be able to find it at a reasonable price? I went in to Best Buy and they tried sellin me an audiovox one for $400 plus about another $100 for installation. Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't sound like a very good deal. A cashier at Kragen told me I should be paying around $150 for one but he sent me to Best Buy.....boy was he wrong!!! Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Well i saw one made by mannix that said it had a build in safety going on ebay for $135. However, i posted a thread on here about it and i got a few replies saying it looked cheap and i think one person said a friend had it and it was crap so i decided to eliminate that option.

stang976 said:
yea i wanted one myself. some shop down the road sells them for $225 with installation included. i heard though on my 5spd i would have to get a nuetral safety switch for it to work? :shrug:

your 2000 doesn't have a nuetral saftey switch??????

My 92 and my 96 both have one from the factory.

and i would NEVER EVER put a remote start on a manual transmission. way to risky.

I have had remotre starters before but not on my stang. I installed it myself and took about 3 hours of laying on my back. It worked awsome for about a year and then started starting by itself and trying to start when it was running :( . The brand that I had was a bull dog, I recieved it for a gift so don't know how much the exact price was but I thinkg it was around $200. I liked it until it was starting by itself not cool.

honestly i would not buy anything that is not made by DEI (??).

That would be Black Widow, Viper, Clifford, and a couple others. You are going to spend a fair amount of money if you want the good product.