Which Short Shifter to Get?

admdavs

Feb 25, 2004
Chicago
I have an '02 Roush II and am looking to change the Tremec TR-3650 shifter to a short shift base. I've been looking online and have found prices vary from $149 to $249- Is there a major difference amongst the shifters or do they all do the same thing. The models I have looked at are "Top of the Line," "Steeda," and "Roush" shifters. Can anyone advise which is the best or is there even a best?
Thanks in advance for all advice! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Do a search on it, there are ALOT of threads about this subject. Ersonally, I love my steeda triax. I drove an 03 cobra with a Pro 5.0, and I liked my triax better. I heard the best ones are the triax and the pro 5.0, they are both pretty mucht he same.

The 2 most popular are Steeda Tri-ax & Pro 5.0 shifters......They are both excellent shifters. The major difference is the the Steeda allows you to make a choice of 2 heights...The Pro 5.0 is 1 height only. If you like a short shifter then get the Pro 5.0 but if you like a choice of heights I would get the Steeda. I have a Steeda that i put in last weekend and i love it!!!! Its very positive and firm. I have never missed a shift with it. :nice:

Sick96Stang said:
u cant go wrong buying from Steeda.

:bs:

take a look at this "Steeda License Plate" that looks o' so wonderful in the advertisement....but when i bought this overpriced piece i find out that it is a dully photocopied image on a carboard/plastic offcenter sheet. :nonono:
640102_8_full.jpg

I love my Tri-Ax. I highly suggest ordering from Partshopper if they have what you want. :nice: You will not be dissappointed. I have missed 2nd with my Tri-ax. :nonono: I just got lazy a couple of times and under estimated the stiffness of the springs and shifted right into 4th :nonono: I feel horrible :nonono: I love my Tri-Ax :nice:

Dr GT said:
pro50 with steeda handle
iagree.gif
Oh Yeah! And then you can swap back and forth to suit you mood.
By the way, we have both the Tri-Ax and Pro-5.0 shifters (see sig) - and we both prefer the Pro-5.0. Both are well made, but the Pro-5.0 is firmer...racier. It just feels more solid.
But you won't go wrong with either the Tri-Ax or the Pro-5.0. And, as chevylover noted above, if you're interested in the Tri-Ax, the UPR Blue Thunder is a perfect clone.