Which Short Shifter to Get?

• Sponsors (?)

There is really only 1 CORRECT answer to this question. That answer is :
Any aftermarket shifter is 1,000,000 times better than stock. Any choice is a GREAT choice. :nice:
I have a Hurst, love it to death. Felt a Steeda, liked it too.
Just get one, any one and live happily ever after. :hail2:

I was just thinking. Since the new '05 Mustangs if going to come with hurst shifters stock, there is going to be a flood of them hitting ebay cheap when guys upgrade them to pro 5.0's and steedas.

Might be able to pick up some used hurst shifters for $25.

Everyone likes what they have .They're all good.I bought my PRO 50 w/ the short shift handle directly from PRO 50.(02 conv) They stand behind their products. I would buy it again. Enjoy whatever you buy..the shifters make driving a fun car ...more fun.

Stang drivers with short shifters will argue about which one is better, it comes down to feel. I really like my tri ax but I've never driven a pro 5.0. Those seem to be the most used shifters of most mustang drivers. I don't think you can go wrong either way...

rpayne20 said:
The 2 most popular are Steeda Tri-ax & Pro 5.0 shifters......They are both excellent shifters. The major difference is the the Steeda allows you to make a choice of 2 heights...The Pro 5.0 is 1 height only. If you like a short shifter then get the Pro 5.0 but if you like a choice of heights I would get the Steeda. I have a Steeda that i put in last weekend and i love it!!!! Its very positive and firm. I have never missed a shift with it. :nice:

Ditto. I prefer my Tri-Ax. ANYTHING is better than the stock POS! :thumbsup: