Which style 3/8 NPT tap from mscdirect? need help :)

Black03

Jul 5, 2003
San Diego, CA
I'm getting ready to install my s/c soon and haven't been able to find the tap at any local stores so I've decided to buy it online. I figured mscdirect because they have my mobil oil filters also which i can't find locally.

For the tap search I've typed in the following info

Thread Size: 3/8-18
Type: NPT
Material: HSS
Finish/Coating: Bright
Thread Length: 1.0625", 1-1/16
Overall Length: 2.5625", 2-9/16

I figure since space will be tight I'll hget the shortest length one but I don't know whihc style to get. With all hose options selected they offer the following types

Interupted Thread
Short Projection
Spiral Fluted Short Projection
Taper High Hook
Taper Low Hook
Taper Medium Hook

Which do I use? if you look at the pictures some look very different than the others and I don't want to buy the wrong one :( Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Black03 said:
I'm getting ready to install my s/c soon and haven't been able to find the tap at any local stores so I've decided to buy it online. I figured mscdirect because they have my mobil oil filters also which i can't find locally.

For the tap search I've typed in the following info

Thread Size: 3/8-18
Type: NPT
Material: HSS
Finish/Coating: Bright
Thread Length: 1.0625", 1-1/16
Overall Length: 2.5625", 2-9/16

I figure since space will be tight I'll hget the shortest length one but I don't know whihc style to get. With all hose options selected they offer the following types

Interupted Thread
Short Projection
Spiral Fluted Short Projection
Taper High Hook
Taper Low Hook
Taper Medium Hook

Which do I use? if you look at the pictures some look very different than the others and I don't want to buy the wrong one :( Any ideas?

I just bought one at NAPA... :nice: