which supercharger with 4.10 gears?

Green&GoldGT

Aug 1, 2005
Virginia
I've narrowed it down to the Vortech Mongoose, Kenne Bell 6psi, a Procharger, or a regular Vortech. I'm looking for the one with the least amount of problems in the long run. I'd go with the Kenne Bell if it wasn't for the gears and the big decision is between the intercooler with the Procharger or the tune with the Mongoose. What do u think i should get?

• Sponsors (?)

What's wrong with the KB and 4.10's that would be the same problem with any of the SC's? Guess it depends on what sort of throttle response and powerband you're looking for. If you want the KB....ditch the 4.10's....in the grand scheme of how much your paying, new gears is nothing and would be worth the swap if you're getting what you want out of the SC!

I was thinking that 4.10 gears with a KB would result in no traction compared to a centrifugal one. I think i got that in my head from the guy on stangnet with the red gt with a KB and 4.10s, he was talking about how he couldnt get traction at the track. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Let me know what u think.

It all depends on your engines range of rpm. The KB will work exceptionally on a somewhat stock revving engine, up too 6500 or so, I would go with the vortech or the KB, If you drive the most on the street then go KB, If your going to race it alot and eventually open the motor up to higher rpms then go wiht the vortech

The question you should be asking is which gear to get with the supercharger of your choice. DON'T let gears determine which blower to get or you might regret your choice in the long run. :nono:

btw, I hate my 4.10s with the KB. They're nothing close to a nightmare, but it is kinda annoying at times. However, I sure as hell don't regret getting the KB. :rlaugh: I'll just swap the 4.10s for something less (3.73 or 3.55)

01Steeda said:
The gears with a KB is gonna be a nightmare.. it will just burn the tires off and you wont get the use of the power. go with the vortech mongoose. I have been researching this for my own use and this is the answer no matter how ya look at it.

+1. KB have the power down low compared to the vortech which has more of an upper end. So with 4.10 you can pretty much say that you have power down low already(i know gears dont give you HP, it feels like it though) so I would say go with the Mongoose kit. Atleast this is what I have been thinking about when I get my SC.. Am I thinking about this right?

02LaserRed2V said:
The question you should be asking is which gear to get with the supercharger of your choice. DON'T let gears determine which blower to get or you might regret your choice in the long run. :nono:

btw, I hate my 4.10s with the KB. They're nothing close to a nightmare, but it is kinda annoying at times. However, I sure as hell don't regret getting the KB. :rlaugh: I'll just swap the 4.10s for something less (3.73 or 3.55)

Is the traction problem worse cause you have an auto? or is it the same. Cause i heard that 4.10s in an auto is like 4.30's in a 5sp car. :shrug:
I can see how it would be a problem i hardly can keep em hooked w/ 300rwtq much less 400!

Green&GoldGT said:
I've narrowed it down to the Vortech Mongoose, Kenne Bell 6psi, a Procharger, or a regular Vortech. I'm looking for the one with the least amount of problems in the long run. I'd go with the Kenne Bell if it wasn't for the gears and the big decision is between the intercooler with the Procharger or the tune with the Mongoose. What do u think i should get?

You can put the procharger intercooler on the vortech kit, you just need to reclock the blower to line up with the piping. Or you can just get a BTI kit specifically made for vortechs http://www.btiintercoolerkits.com/

Sonicpony said:
Is the traction problem worse cause you have an auto? or is it the same. Cause i heard that 4.10s in an auto is like 4.30's in a 5sp car. :shrug:
I can see how it would be a problem i hardly can keep em hooked w/ 300rwtq much less 400!

Traction is worse because I use street tires. Jim Fitz has 4.10s & a KB 2.2L on his auto and is making over 600hp while having no issues. Just comes to show it's about the tires and suspension as well.

4.10s in an auto is more like 3.73s in a 5-speed. However, my first gear is virtually non-existant. It goes by so quickly, my car feels like a 3-speed. I lose top end that way and I hit 6K rpm in 3rd gear too soon (@ about 108mph).