• 00 cobra r

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • other--please specify with pics

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

bimmertech

May 3, 2005
merriam, ks
I know there have been a million of these and i usually would not ask, but i just can't for the life of me come to a desicion. i have a 95 cobra hardtop/vert, black, will have saleen heat extractor hood, styling bar, tonneau cover, no spoiler/maybe s281 spoiler.

my criteria is it has to be a "real wheel"(no replicas--aftermarket ok), has to be under $300/wheel, no bigger than 18", and they all have to be the same size so i can rotate them. this is what i am considering so far:

1) good 'ole R58's--THE ORIGINAL 95 cobra r wheel silver or chrome--better backspacing, i don't care if everyone has them they still look good
View attachment 492509
2) 10th anniv cobra rims in the darker color--the worser backspacing but the preffered 17x9"
View attachment 492511
3) black FR500's from ford--good backspacing and i really like them on suspects car
View attachment 492513
4) konig maxxims--skeptical of a lightweight wheel here in pothole land but good looking
View attachment 492515
5) 00 cobra r rims--silver only, may be a bit too large but i have seen them on another black stang on here and they looked sharp
View attachment 492517

• Sponsors (?)

ARE rebels
773125_17_full.jpg

I like the FR500's. You didnt suggest the Saleens but someone else did and I like those even more. With $300 at your peak budget you can get some much cooler and different looking wheels than those you suggested. If you dont want to spend that much and dont mind going with the Cobra R's like we all have, myself included, then go for it. Its hard to go wrong with them (unless you get polished aluminum with out a clear coat, those really suck ass. I have them and they get dirty after about 5 feet of driving)
-fawcett

i am pretty sure that real chrome saleen's would be a tad more than $300.

the konigs are around $170/wheel.

no jeremy you can't have my other wheels, they are going on the gray car.

those 2 piece black R's look nice, but i am tryin to get out of the replica wheel game.

i am really leaning toward the Konig's. they are priced right and will clear 14" rotors if i get them anytime soon.

anyone have any opinions on steeda's ultralite series?

the torq thrusts do look good, but i really want the same size all around. i have wide wheels/tires right now, i'm just looking for something that will take a little more wear.

thanks for the help guys, keep it comin.

black car = chrome rims :nice:

Been thinking about getting my TTII's in that black chrome (is just alittle darker tint too it) I think it would look REALY sharp. Saw a pic a bit ago in a thread like this were some bullits were in black chrome and they looked:jaw: :drool: