which x-pipe is the best

92stang gt 5.0

Nov 6, 2003
Nashua
i'm lookin to buy an x-pipe i have 3 chamber flowmasters with stock headers and stock h-pipe and it sounds really nice i get compliments on the sound of it all the time but i would like it a little more louder i did have 2 chamber flowmasters and it didnt sound as good i dont know why prolly because i had dumps but it was way louder ....so can someone tell me what is the best off road pipe for cheap money not over 300

• Sponsors (?)

ive got a flowtech x-pipe on my car it sounds real nice, my friend's got a bbk x-pipe on his car and he says my car sounds different than other x-pipes. bassani has real good quality i believe they come with a life time warranty but they are damn expensive

If you want to spend the extra Money, go Bassani, i found out that a Bassani cat back, with a Bassani h pipe, or even a Mac h pipe, or x pipe is the best sounding/performing setup i could find. Just my 2 cents. I Run the Bassani actback with a mac O/R H pipe, sounds pefect.

i say Dr GAs will give u a killer sound, bassani is also very good....and i will varify that FLOWTECH X pipes have a different sound to them...my friend had BBk equals, Flowtech X pipe and 2 chambers flows....sounded pretty mean when he didnt have a leak, but for some reason it didnt sound like a total X pipe :shrug: the "X" is located just below the tranny instead of the normal position of further back.

I have a magna flo. It fit way better than a Bassani. The cats don't hang down like Bassani and scrape the ground. Bassani does'nt like to warrauntee the cats either. You will love this one.

I've been lookin at Xpipes as well, and noticed the Flowtech is set up differently. Anyone know if there's much of a difference in exhaust flow with the Flowtech compared to the traditional Xpipes that crossover more towards the rear?