Whirring Clutch?

gsixl

Founding Member
May 21, 2002
Kansas
I am getting a whirring sound from clutch between shifts. This is more noticable from 3000 rpm and above. It seems to be just as the clutch is disingaging. Nothing unusual at any other time. The clutch is not slipping and other then this noise I see no problems. I want to say throw out bearing but it is quiet at idle engaged or not? Anyone else had this?

• Sponsors (?)

gsixl said:
I am getting a whirring sound from clutch between shifts. This is more noticable from 3000 rpm and above. It seems to be just as the clutch is disingaging. Nothing unusual at any other time. The clutch is not slipping and other then this noise I see no problems. I want to say throw out bearing but it is quiet at idle engaged or not? Anyone else had this?

Mine whirrs when the clutch is engaged in fact when I engine break my g/f makes fun of it saying it sounds like a airplane taking off. However it doesn't do this when the clutch is disengaged :shrug:

It is a little iritating. If I let up on accelerator and let rpms drop before disengaging it doesn't do it. Tried lubing bearing but it didn't help. I am wondering if it is the disc or pressure plate?

It is still the stock clutch. Can't really pin down when it started doing it, but its been a few months. The higher the rpm the louder the noise. Just kinda tapping the pedal about a inch or so while accelerating will make it happen. Maybe it is a bad bearing?