white face gauges, what glue to use

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Well, I got a set off ebay and found that it came with no glue...... anyone have any ideas. they will not stay on with the old glue (too little). need something none corrosive but will stay on even during the hot arizona days.

• Sponsors (?)

I just noticed there is an on/off switch that has to be hit everytime the lights go on to turn on the gauge lights. is there any way to bypass this?

this won't short it out or anything? it is a switch that has to be hit when the lights come on. then once the lights are switch off then back on, the same switch has to be hit again. it is separate from the light switch

the red is positive and the black is the ground. the red is spliced into the headlight switch.

the other 2 black run next to each other into a plug. that plug connects into a spring button style switch. each time the lights are turned on I have to push the button for the dash to come on. it won't stay on. Can I just cut these 2 wires and splice them in with the red wire?
attachment.php

all the wires go into this little box power inverter. I am not sure if it would be a good idea to bypass this or not. I don't want to keep flipping an additional switch each time I turn my headlights on. I don't think I can open the box with out destroying it either. What does the power inverter do ? think I can just get rid of it and wire the gauges into the head light switch alone? (I doubt it)