White Face Gauges

Treorp5

Nov 23, 2006
I have a 94 GT...and am trying to install some white face gauges...i did the same to my first 94 with no problems...but with this one...the gauges wont read right. The RPMs are constantly at 2-3000 at idle until i drive, and the MPHs are at 20-30 while idling...any help would be appreciated..

• Sponsors (?)

....? only thing i can figure is you poped off the needles wrong or installed them wrong....my wifes car had some carbon fiber guages put in and the fuel gauge is ****ed up because when they pulled it off it got messed up and put on wrong.

I tried putting bbk gauges on and ended up getting a new gauge cluster from a junk yard , because my gauges were all screwed up. From what Ive heard its a craps shoot when putting on white face gauges, you got a 50/50 chance of getting it wright.

If you take the needles off you have to put them back on the same way otherwise they do it, but if you do it to a '94 previously than you probably know that.

The only other thing I can think of is that the gauge itself is rubbing on the needle of your gauges. When I put on my gauge overlay I had to push down around the needles to make sure that they weren't gripping on the needle base. Does that make sense?

If neither of these things are the case then I'm not really sure what is up.

I had this same problem when i put my mac white face guages in. Ended up having to take the cluster apart to fine tune it 2 or 3 times. It helps to write down the positions of all the needles on all the guages with the ignition at accessory before u take the old faces off, then put the needles in that position with the new faces installed. I'd say start the car with the cluster apart and let it idle, place the tach needle at 650 and the speedo needle at zero, snap them in place and see if they move correctly, thats what i ended up doing. good luck.