White face Mustang gauges

Has anyone pulled the trigger on the white/silver face gauge overlays? I have seen a few out there but am not quite sure about them.

My main question is... while some claim to be MyColor compatible, does your ability to change your gauge colors become more restricted if you use overlays? How close of a fit are they?

And how do they look compared to the factory cluster?

• Sponsors (?)

There are some that are mycolor compatible, but they're very hard to read if you don't turn your parking lights on. If you want white face gauges, you have to be committed to driving with your parking/headlights on if you want to be able to see where you're going. Otherwise, http://www.blackcatcustom.com/ offers several different color options which may be easier to see with.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on the white/silver face gauge overlays? I have seen a few out there but am not quite sure about them.

My main question is... while some claim to be MyColor compatible, does your ability to change your gauge colors become more restricted if you use overlays? How close of a fit are they?

And how do they look compared to the factory cluster?

Yes, the back lighting is restricted about 25% (my own unscientific WAG),

they also obscure the Idiot Lights by much more than 25% too :bs:

they are NOT as simple to install as you might imagine .... it requires a plan and some serious patience,

doing one gage at a time - installing the gage pod - turning on the lights - lining the overlay up - waiting for it to dry enough to remove the gage pod and then doing the next one ... etc

I had to scrap my first attempt / reorder and then do it a second time before I was happy with the results ...

Bottomline? I like it on my Deluxe, but I'd never recommend it to anyone with a My Color dash

~ ymmv ~

I installed mine in 30 minutes..I have my color and the different colors are a little different, but not that bad..I do have to turn the interior dim down quite a bit at night, as the gauges tend to glow too bright with the dim up.. During the day, they look great..Again at night, certain colors dont look good, but i keep mine on blue or purple anywhooo...

Its really not hard to do at all, like stated above, it can be done it 30 min. I too have mycolor gauges and it is hard to read them during the day. If you buy them I recommend getting them straight from NRauto, a few places online sell the same ones for $30 more.

White Gauge faces

I got mine from US SPEEDO. I'm pretty happy with mine. I have My Color Option. Probably took my an hour or so to install. They do look a little washed out under low light conditions, but I still like them. If you go to US SPEEDO's web sight they have a cool video showing how to install. It's a truck, but the install is the same. I think the end product is as good as factory.

I got mine from US SPEEDO. I'm pretty happy with mine. I have My Color Option. Probably took my an hour or so to install. They do look a little washed out under low light conditions, but I still like them. If you go to US SPEEDO's web sight they have a cool video showing how to install. It's a truck, but the install is the same. I think the end product is as good as factory.

Thats where i got mine too