White smoke from exhaust

I noticed yesterday when i was on my way home i seen a white cloud of smoke coming from the exhaust, i checked the coolant level and it was normal for hot and checked the oil level, oil is not milky ,it is down a half a quart at 2000 mls from oil change, not getting any check engine light.
I noticed it was smoking mostly on take off and thru 2nd, disappears then. At idle small amount comes out and i have a miss, i washed down the engine to remove dirt and the miss got worse, i don't know when it or if it has been tuned up, it has 112,000 on a 2003 gt with a 4.6l, only mods are cai and borla cat back system. Has anyone ever dealt with this, help would be appreciated Thank You

• Sponsors (?)

The smoke is separate from your miss issue. Older cars will develop some oil burn after so many miles. Just depends on how much there is.

When you washed down the engine you have water in one (or more) of the plug wells. You'll have to remove them all and dry out the plugs and coils.

Thank you for your reply I was wondering what do I have to do have the engine rebuilt to get rid of the smoke the white smoke it does leave a cloud when I take off once I'm in third gear it seems to disappear and it is also noticeable when you first start up.
Is there anything I could do to lessen the smoke with additives if it sounds like it's oil as I said in my post oil is about a half a quart down

White smoke is typically antifreeze, which I assume you know and that is why you checked your fluid level. Half a quart down isn't crazy and the smoke would typically have a blue tint if it were from oil burning. I've had a 5.4 that burned 2.5 of 7 quarts between 5kmi changes and there was not blue smoke from the exhaust.

By 2003 I thought the plastic manifolds were improved and not prone to cracking and leaking coolant, but hopefully someone more in the know will chime in.

You can perform a leakdown test and a coolant system pressure test to start pinning down the issue. I would rent the tools for free from your local Advance/AutoZone and start there of you're handy with a wrench before looking a rebuild kits.

I checked the coolant level and it seems normal when cold and hot and yes manifold is the one with the aluminum crossover but it smells like oil burning and I'm down another half a quart that makes a full quart, and it smells like oil butning this morning. I will double check it when i get home and see if the oil is down

So to be clear: you're down another half a quart of oil since you posted yesterday?

It sounds like you can start with a compression test if that's the case. When you pull the plugs you'll probably find one of them has a lot of carbon on it.

I just got home and I'm going to let it sit about 10-15 minutes and then check the oil level to see if I was correct that it's another half a quart down and car is idling very smooth not a rough idle at all and today I slight Miss was wondering could the PCV valve be clogged I understand blow-by can cause white smoke and oil to seep into the engine combustion Chambers