Engine White smoke out of tail pipes

It seems like every 3rd or 5th MSD cap I come across is crap. No idea what the story is there. I have them on my cars too. :shrug:
That’s very frustrating. Funny part is is that my old one is also an MSD and it looks like it’s seen far better days yet still works better than a brand new one. Oh well. Now all that’s left to do is figure out the coolant burning issue and the super loud pops out of my exhaust when decelerating/engine breaking after a hard pull

• Sponsors (?)

I would look at TB to EGR spacer and EGR spacer to upper intake (if you have the coolant lines hooked up to EGR). If it is it would only be a simple gasket and easy to get to.

I would look at TB to EGR spacer and EGR spacer to upper intake (if you have the coolant lines hooked up to EGR). If it is it would only be a simple gasket and easy to get to.
I do have it still connected. I took a look in the tb and didn’t see any signs of coolant leakage but it’s always a possibility. I did see one day that the top of the tb to egr spacer gasket seemed to be wet for some reason

So I’ve done some poking around and have cleaned some grounds for good measure. I’d like to get an id on a certain wire that someone’s already tampered with. Car is an 89 GT

53CA5703-7F08-4EA1-AF39-CDBB420EEEE2.jpeg

Black wire with an orange tracer and one end goes up to the solenoid with a ring terminal and the other end goes into what looks like the headlight harness. Doubt it has anything to do with my issues but clearly someone’s already messed with it
That black wire with the orange stripe goes across the front of the car to the alternator and charges the battery. There was a fusible link on that wire that was removed hence the butt splice. If your battery is charging when the engine is running then that's not your problem.

Also you can send in an oil sample to Blackstone Labs and for $30 they will tell you everything you need to know about your engine including if you have coolant making it into the oil. I have them test the oil once per year on each of my vehicles. They will tell you if you have bearing wear, head gasket issues, etc. It's amazing the amount of info you can get from the oil analysis

That black wire with the orange stripe goes across the front of the car to the alternator and charges the battery. There was a fusible link on that wire that was removed hence the butt splice. If your battery is charging when the engine is running then that's not your problem.
Yeah I fixed the issue with the stumbling I was just making sure. What reason would there be for removing the fusible link? Should I replace that to be safe?

Also you can send in an oil sample to Blackstone Labs and for $30 they will tell you everything you need to know about your engine including if you have coolant making it into the oil. I have them test the oil once per year on each of my vehicles. They will tell you if you have bearing wear, head gasket issues, etc. It's amazing the amount of info you can get from the oil analysis
I actually plan on doing this. I’m going to be getting some minor engine work done soon and I always change the oil after so I’ll send that in. Appreciate the response

Yeah I fixed the issue with the stumbling I was just making sure. What reason would there be for removing the fusible link? Should I replace that to be safe?
My guess is that the fusible link blew and the previous owner just cut it out instead of replacing it with a fuse. I would put an inline fuse there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user