Who all is in favor of 13.99 or quicker track days?????

• Sponsors (?)

My_Little_Pony said:
That's not fair then.....I won't be able to go or either will Kalin... :notnice: :notnice:

Dude you are totally missing the point. I never said they should outlaw slower cars lol. I meant give the quicker cars a few days to themselves throughout the season.

They give the ricers their own days so why not add a few days for the faster cars. No biggie in my book.

Not sure how this got turned into an EVO thread hijack. :bang: :lol:

Dude you are totally missing the point. I never said they should outlaw slower cars lol. I meant give the quicker cars a few days to themselves throughout the season.

I know dude, I was just messin with ya!! I am only .8 seconds away from that mark. I just need a better reaction time and then I would be even closer to that 13.99 :nice: :nice:

Oh yeah, how did Evo's get brought up!! :shrug: :shrug:

Darkness said:
Because we not only think he cant, we know he wont.
I came to this board cus I hang out with all the Mustang guys at BM every Sat night, not to start some flaming war of stangs vs imports or what not.
believe what you want, i can show you dynos or you can talk to your fellow stangers that know me, heck i even have time slips and a video of me running 13.6 last year when my car had 250 whp and was bone stock except for a cat-back. but i think that is beside the point. you already have decided for me what can or cant be done with that statement.

If he's pushing 317 hp with a weight of 3200 lbs, he'll easily be into the 12's if he gets traction. And since the Mustang dynos lowball the numbers by 10-15%, I'd bet that he's making a tad more than 317 at the pavement.

Good luck to you. When you make it to the track, please post your times.

1_sikEvo said:
Honda and got the same adenaline rush and fun as driving a 12 sec Evo.

I think this is where you went wrong brother.:)

There is a code of ethics in drag racing. Never say your car does something it has not. You can say I hope it will run 12s or you can say it should run 12s but never say it runs 12s if you haven't done the deed.. :nice: :flag:

Just my .02

Fawkes said:
And since the Mustang dynos lowball the numbers by 10-15%, I'd bet that he's making a tad more than 317 at the pavement.
Not true. The newer Mustang dynos support accelerometer mode, which is just like a Dynojet. So unless it was set up in loaded mode, the "Mustang dyno is 10% less than Dynojet" argument is no longer valid. Besides, if you didn't catch it from my earlier post -- Matrix Engineering measured my horsepower at 309 to the wheels, with 325 foot-pounds of torque. I've been to a Dynojet twice since that time, and the best I've seen is 279 rwhp and 315 rwtq. So if anything, Matrix's dyno numbers are inflated from what Mustang owners are familiar with.

Edit: I removed my huge signature this afternoon, which had my dyno numbers in it, so maybe you didn't catch my point after all...

Dave

468LC said:

There is a code of ethics in drag racing. Never say your car does something it has not. You can say I hope it will run 12s or you can say it should run 12s but never say it runs 12s if you haven't done the deed.. :nice: :flag:

Just my .02
I'd go one step further. Don't even hint that it can do anything more than you have the slips to prove. At least, not around here. I'd bet Bob Cosby (my own personal drag racing hero :D) could touch 11's with my car... but I'll be happy to see 12's some day. With 105 traps, it's possible, but I'd hate to suggest it'll ever happen, 'cause I'm gonna get slapped down for such blasphemy... :rolleyes:

Dave

HairyCanary said:
but I'll be happy to see 12's some day. With 105 traps, it's possible, but I'd hate to suggest it'll ever happen, 'cause I'm gonna get slapped down for such blasphemy... :rolleyes:

Dave

I think you can get to 12s with 103.5 mph ;)

Ive got a timeslip to prove it, but it wasnt under my number :nonono:

I'll see if I cna do that this weekend... Im getting a good feeling about this weekend..................................................................................................

:)

chris

12's at 105-106 is very doable. One of my first full passes with the turbo on the cobra was a 12.9X @106ish.

maybe you can talk Will into letting you barrow the slicks for a shot later this year and put all those doubts to rest Dave. ;)

as far as Dave borrowing slicks, he knows there are some available any time he asks :)

I htink that he is a little timid about putting 280 rwhp into a T5... but a little work rumor says that he has another one ready as a backup :D

:stick:

Visceral said:
I htink that he is a little timid about putting 280 rwhp into a T5... but a little work rumor says that he has another one ready as a backup :D
Yeah yeah. This T5 I have now is proving pretty weak, it keeps making banging sounds when I drop it hard into third, and it gets a little louder in 3rd each time :D. I might put some traction on this summer, but there won't be any 6000 RPM clutch dumps until I get the TKO600. I just want to get some stuff paid off before I open up the great big money pit known as my car and start dumping money into it again...

468LC said:

Just my .02
OK, I will take that statement back. I didnt think it was that much of a reach since most Evos with the same level of mods with Vishnu tuning are doing mid to high 12s consistently. I will make sure to post my progress into making it there. My original intent in this thread was to say that drag can be enjoyed by everyone, not just the elite. Saying that you have to be sub 13.99 to participate is like going bowling with your buddies and finding out you can't get a lane cus you don't average 150 per game.
And yes, I do make fun of fart cans, underbody neon kits and bleacher seat wings on 115 hp cars. I came here not to flame but because I enjoy hanging out with all the stangers at BM and I read this forum to expand my horizons. Ego was left at the door and I will take constructive criticisms but please keep the pointless bashing to a minimum.