Who all is in favor of 13.99 or quicker track days?????

• Sponsors (?)

1_sikEvo said:
Saying that you have to be sub 13.99 to participate is like going bowling with your buddies and finding out you can't get a lane cus you don't average 150 per game.

Jason have you read anything I have posted?

Go back and read again. :bang:

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A 13.99 OR SLOWER LOCKOUT FOR EVAR!!! GEESH.

:D

sorry if i misinterpreted 468LC... too busy fending off attacks afterwards :)
but i think all this points to a glaring need for another place to race (besides street racing, which is stupid, imo). another drag strip in monroe or somewhere along there would be nice.
kinda along the line... has anyone raced the 1/8th ? i've seen some ppl talk about it but the quarter mile seems to be the benchmark. if they do run 1/8ths somewhere, i'd like to check it out.

Well more or less this thread was made by me to vent. There is no doubt the crowds are larger on the first months worth of T&Ts. I am sure the season will lighten up quite a bit when PR opens on wednesdays and fridays. Even then though it can get kinda busy.

It still bugs the hell out of me that the import/ sport compact crowd got like five days last season to themselves at PR. All I want is the same for the faster cars to include the fast imports

I do agree with steve on the drag racing code of ethics.

If someone asks you what it runs you can't say "it runs 12s" if it has not. You can say, "It's got the power to run 12s, but I'm running 13s", you can say "I'm hoping for 12s next time out now that I have traction", but you can't say "it runs 12s" if it has not.

WaterPog said:
12's at 105-106 is very doable. One of my first full passes with the turbo on the cobra was a 12.9X @106ish.

maybe you can talk Will into letting you barrow the slicks for a shot later this year and put all those doubts to rest Dave. ;)

I can run 13.0 through a 100,000+ mile slush box and trap at 103 - 105 so you can definately be in the 12's there... That is with the race weight indicated in my sig...

As for the 13.99 and faster limitation... Hogwash!!!! Those that have cars running in the 12's could say the same, those with cars running in the 11's could say the same thing, yadda, yadda, yadda... Frankly I don't care how fast the guy next to me is running at TnT cause that is what it is... I also have to say that for a Wednesday/Friday night session, if you are doing more than 5 runs you are punishing your car... Ya got to treat them like a lady and let them cool down after juicing them!!!! :D

Toddzilla said:

If someone asks you what it runs you can't say "it runs 12s" if it has not. You can say, "It's got the power to run 12s, but I'm running 13s", you can say "I'm hoping for 12s next time out now that I have traction", but you can't say "it runs 12s" if it has not.
no worries... i'll use the phrase "is cabable of 12s" until i get my day on the strip. drag racing ethics code is noted. see ? learn something new every day... :D

My_Little_Pony said:
I know dude, I was just messin with ya!! I am only .8 seconds away from that mark. I just need a better reaction time and then I would be even closer to that 13.99 :nice: :nice:

Oh yeah, how did Evo's get brought up!! :shrug: :shrug:

um.... RT increasing ET hungh..... yeah.

( you dont do burn outs on street tires do ya? ) :D :owned:

DD

Toddzilla said:

I have a 12 sec motor in a 13 sec car.... :D :nice:

DD

Hey hey!! Im right on the buzzer. What about us guys who run 13.9's and 13.8's at out best but are usually around a 14 flat all night?? Can i still race wit hya lol. I agree with this thread, if your going to drag race, dont go run a 16 sec car. I htink that a mid to low 14 (For 4 banger imports) is ok. But the v8 guys should keep in in the 13's at least.
This post coming from someone who runs a 13.8 on his best run lol. But hey all i have is exhaust/intake.

I think what Steve is trying to get across is that if you are going racing with a 15-16 second car ( Import or not ). You most likely will lose the race,so what is the fun in that for you. And most time it is a close race that get the crowd going wild with a pair of faster car. How about a Turbo AWD import against a not so stock V8 Mustang/Firebird etc. Everyone will be watching the outcome of the race and cheering for their team. Racing is for everyone but bring the big gun or missile launcher if you wanted to win a race or two.

My .02

Take care,