Who has 305 tires or bigger on there S197?

red06gt

May 26, 2007
I am looking for pics of mustangs with 305's or 315's on there Stangs preferably on 18" rims. I am thinking about getting some CCW SP20's in 18x10 with 305's or 315's if they will fit and 18x8.5 on the front. If I have enough room I may go with a 18x11 and a 335 tire but I dont think there is enough room for that. Pics from the side and back will be good. Thanks!!!! BTW my Stang is torch red so opinions are welcome but I am pretty much set on this style of wheels. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have CCW's on my car. I have 295s in back on 19x11 wheels. CCWs are custom made, so just call them ask for John and tell them you saw Dan's (me) car and wanted to get some info, then ask away.

John is cool as hell and knows his stuff inside and out. Chip knows his stuff too.

I think I remeber him telling me that 295s are as big as he could get on my car, but maybe there is more room wth an 18" wheel?

I'll be at Johns house around June 15th and can pick his brain for ya if you want.

D

I have CCW's on my car. I have 295s in back on 19x11 wheels. CCWs are custom made, so just call them ask for John and tell them you saw Dan's (me) car and wanted to get some info, then ask away.

John is cool as hell and knows his stuff inside and out. Chip knows his stuff too.

I think I remeber him telling me that 295s are as big as he could get on my car, but maybe there is more room wth an 18" wheel?

I'll be at Johns house around June 15th and can pick his brain for ya if you want.

D

Pics?
Do the wheels stick out any?

Pics?
Do the wheels stick out any?

Nope they sit perfectly flush with the fenders. Heres a half-a$$ pic, I'll take some better ones if it ever stops raining in texass

163518.jpg

D06, it would be great if you could talk to him and see what he says about running a 315 on a 18x10 or 18x11. I have seen someone with a 305/45 on an 18 but that is way to tall for me. I want to go with a 35. From the info I have gathered I think I may be able to get away with a 315 with no rub but I would appreciate it if you could pick Johns brain for me. Also, it would be great to get some more pics of your car. Thanks

D06, it would be great if you could talk to him and see what he says about running a 315 on a 18x10 or 18x11. I have seen someone with a 305/45 on an 18 but that is way to tall for me. I want to go with a 35. From the info I have gathered I think I may be able to get away with a 315 with no rub but I would appreciate it if you could pick Johns brain for me. Also, it would be great to get some more pics of your car. Thanks

No problem man. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. I take the worlds worst pics though.

I'll talk to John and see what he can do, how fast are you looking to get them?

Here is a little cleaner side pic...

150770.jpg

Its not an ASAP deal, but I would like to get everything figured out before I go spend that kind of money and find out they are not going to fit like I want or at all. I would hate to be out that kind of money because they dont fit. I would say that withing the next month or two after I make sure everything will work out, I would like to get stuff rolling.

Zora...Nope no rubbing whatsoever.

Mikes....I have the FRPP handling pack, so it has the K springs. I do not know the offset or anything on the wheels. I just called CCW told them what I had in terms of suspension and they built them according to what I wanted.

I had the CCW classics and the 505A on my 2000 GT and not a problem with either wheel there too.

Here is a pic of my brothers car with the sp20s

1l.jpg

Its not an ASAP deal, but I would like to get everything figured out before I go spend that kind of money and find out they are not going to fit like I want or at all. I would hate to be out that kind of money because they dont fit. I would say that withing the next month or two after I make sure everything will work out, I would like to get stuff rolling.

CCW will gaurantee their stuff. Just tell them what you want and he will be 100% honest with you about what he can an cant do, so no worries about not fitting or anything like that.

I'll get with John today and get back to ya!

D

Here are some more pics I took this morning.

Wheel alignment from the back...They look alot wider in person for some reason...

171875.jpg

Down the side...

171876.jpg

Looking down at the back wheel...19x11 with 295/35/19

171877.jpg

Looking down at the front wheel...19x10 with 275/35/19s

171874.jpg

295/35/18 BFG KDW's on 18X10 Wedsport TC005's. Car is also lowered on Eibach Prokit springs, Tokico D specs, BMR adj third link, and Evolution's LCA's.

dsc00053smallru0.jpg

dsc00056smallkm9.jpg

dsc00048smalljw9.jpg

No rubbing at all. Actually you can see from the side view shot there quite a bit of room from the top of the tire to the fender lip. A 305/35/18 should fit fine.

You guys talk about no rubbing. But what about rough roads where there is going to be some suspension travel? Any rubbing then? I'm thinking of going with 295/45/18's on a 18x10 rim with the stock ride height.

My combination will be about 1 inch taller total diameter than stock.

Apex

You guys talk about no rubbing. But what about rough roads where there is going to be some suspension travel? Any rubbing then? I'm thinking of going with 295/45/18's on a 18x10 rim with the stock ride height.

My combination will be about 1 inch taller total diameter than stock.

Apex

Apex, you will be absolutely, positively fine with the 295/45's, trust me! we have them and they fit nicely, and ours is lowered with "K" springs, and on NC's roughest roads, with people in the back seat, ours don't rub at all. and they fill up the fenderwell nicely...

D-06, stupid question here, but how often do you have to clean your rear quarters? Mine is a daily driver, and even with my measly stock 235 tires, I find a lot of road spray on the rear bumper behind the tires.

I guess it doesn't matter either way, I'm definitely planning on wider tires like your somewhere soon down the road. I'd just be curious to see how much more often you find yourself cleaning off road muck thrown up by those huge rear meats....