Who has a battery trunk relocation kit installed

• Sponsors (?)

I went outside the car through one of the drain plugs in the trunk and then down the center tunnel and the through the crossmember and up to the fuse box. I have heard going inside the car is a little risky due to heat or a possible short that might catch your interior on fire.

Under the car is best, well IMO. I used welding cable as its very easy to work with and has a real tough sheething(sp?), good for outdoors.

Just be sure your battery box is nhra/ihra legal if you plan to race the car, and you will need a kill switch as well.

I just read the NHRA rules
pissedof.gif
and my Summit box is crap for that! I need to get another box now or I hope they don't tech me this weekend until I get it taken care of. Maybe I'll just hook it up and then changed the box when I get the new metal one and the kill switch. Thanks for the heads up on the rulebook, something I never considered at all. :nice:

94SC50 said:
I just read the NHRA rules
pissedof.gif
and my Summit box is crap for that! I need to get another box now or I hope they don't tech me this weekend until I get it taken care of. Maybe I'll just hook it up and then changed the box when I get the new metal one and the kill switch. Thanks for the heads up on the rulebook, something I never considered at all. :nice:
i don't go to the track. if you're getting rid of your current one, i'm interested in it ... [email protected].

That's funny I just listed it on local sites here. I paid $42 + the $8 Summit handling fee so I'm actually trying to get $50 back for it. If you are not local it would prob be better for you to get it from Summit cuz you will be paying me the same amount. If you want it its yours though, I have just opened the box and nothing has been unwrapped yet. :D

My bad, I just noticed you were in MD. I will be in Hagerstown at Mason Dixon this Saturday, or we can make some other arrangements. I live off of the GW Parkway just over the WW bridge (1st exit off).