Who has a CB radio in their Stang?

RUZMAN

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2002
Vermont
Hello Stang brothers and sisters...just curious to see how many, if any, of you's have a CB radio in your Stang. I'm thinking on getting a Cobra Interceptor since I do a lot of highway traveling up tp Vermont and back. It would be nice to have a few Stangers to communicate with. Not to mention it would come in handy during cruises to keep in contact with other members in the "stampede" :D
-Ruz

• Sponsors (?)

Hey uncle...that's too funny man :D yeah I was hoping to get a little Smokey and the Bandit type CB Stang stampede started. Maybe become good friends with the local truckers. They know all the shortcuts and exits to everywhere along our state highways.
-Ruz

RUZMAN said:
Hello Stang brothers and sisters...just curious to see how many, if any, of you's have a CB radio in your Stang. I'm thinking on getting a Cobra Interceptor since I do a lot of highway traveling up tp Vermont and back. It would be nice to have a few Stangers to communicate with. Not to mention it would come in handy during cruises to keep in contact with other members in the "stampede" :D
-Ruz

If you intend to be talking to truckers, then go ahead with a CB, but expect some weird stuff(like "What do you want? You want Papi's Lollipop?"). I have a CB and I only use it to talk to truckers to check for cops ahead or for emergency use.

When I'm on a cruise with other cars and friends, I use FRS/GMRS frequencies. It's much cheaper than a CB radio and it's perfect for personnal use and many other people have them, thought it won't have the same range. Most FRS output are 0.5W(some can go up to 5W but hard to come by), on the other hand CBs are rated at 5W. What I use in my car is a 30W FRS/GMRS mobile(yes, 60 times more powerful than a normal FRS/GMRS) and it's totally illegal:p

That makes sense ,Twitch. I just like the CB for the "cop alert" option and the "road knowledge" aspect , but your suggestion about the FRS/GMRS idea also is a good idea :nice: . Thanks for the input.
-David

Actually, it could be really cool. No one uses it anymore except the truckers. With all the channels a Mustang community could take over a channel. It's like a party line unlike a cell. It's a two way radio to others around you within 50 miles.

I'm in. I'd do some cross country trips and let you know where I spot (on a regular basis) speed traps.

10-4 "Honey Bunny" (A young chick in a v6 coupe).

:p

I have a hand-held CB radio that i use on long trips. On my last trip to maine i had my buddy riding shotgun using the CB. It was actually fun messing around with truckers and at one point we blew by a trucker we were talking to.

My handle is "Fastmover" :)

I only use it on long trips.

svttech76 said:
A friend of mine is a long distance trucker and he was telling me truckers say some stange **** over those radios. Do you really want to have conversations with these people...

:lol: No joke, there are so many ****ed up people on CB, I do not want to have a conversation with a nut job. Oh, if you can hear him clearly, it means hes close to you:eek:

Anyone seen Joyride:p

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNDDYYYY CANNNNNNNNNEE!