Who has done a v6-v8 swap on here? i need help!!?

• Sponsors (?)

atlblue2000 said:
I know of no one who has made 800 HP on a stock production 5.0 block. People running at those levels are either using the R302 block, the sportsman block, or a Dart block. But this discussion has digressed...

I like the idea of the swap...try something different and hopefully you will have good luck with it.
i know 6 different guys around here that dyno over 600hp using the stock 5.0 block with no problems

i really don`t like the idea of someone wasting time swapping an engine for no good reason. if a 4.6 is wanted then just buy a 4.6 equipped car and save yourself the headachs

well...

Its not a head ache for me, this is my first and only car and i plan to keep it. So putting a v8 in my car is by no means a headache to me, sure its a hassle but it will be done and it will be great and i dont care wether you think its a good idea or not because its my car and my project and i dont really care wether you think its a good idea or not, i asked for help on my topic, not your opinion and telling me i shoulda "modded the 6" but to those of you who helped me out, thank you!!

Ryan

kovacs22 said:
Its not a head ache for me, this is my first and only car and i plan to keep it. So putting a v8 in my car is by no means a headache to me, sure its a hassle but it will be done and it will be great and i dont care wether you think its a good idea or not because its my car and my project and i dont really care wether you think its a good idea or not, i asked for help on my topic, not your opinion and telling me i shoulda "modded the 6" but to those of you who helped me out, thank you!!

Ryan

yes i understand and i appologize to you. i wish you luck in your swap.

www.supersixmotorsports.com has done some v8 swaps they may be able to help you

I don't see how its a waste of money. Swapping the tranny out for a manual alone is worth the 1000 dollars. Modding a v-6 can't really compare to modding a v8. The performance for price isn't really there... All the bolt ons maxes out to 200 rwhp tops anyway. And those bolt ons cost more than 1 grand... This is coming from a guy who owned a v6 and went to a v8. Im not biased, just vaugly informed.