who has dumped exhaust?

• Sponsors (?)

I have MAC cat backs dumped. No cat deletes. It is a perfect throaty / rumbly sound. I get hardly any fumes into the cabin, and when I do, it's only when sitting in traffic. There is a bit more heat coming up through the ashtray / cupholder area of the center console but nothing that is alarming. i love how it rumbles when downshifting and there is a very nice drone in the car at highway speed. Not too loud, but not quiet by any means. Thinking about deleting two of the cats to see how that will sound. a

I had dumped exhaust on one of my old cars back in the day. I liked it for a while, maybe because it sounded different. Everyone told me I always smelled like exhaust. I wouldn't do it now.

Cool trumps sensibility, even temporary.
It is a perfect throaty / rumbly sound. I get hardly any fumes into the cabin, and when I do, it's only when sitting in traffic. There is a bit more heat coming up through the ashtray / cupholder area of the center console but nothing that is alarming. i love how it rumbles when downshifting and there is a very nice drone in the car at highway speed. Not too loud, but not quiet by any means. Thinking about deleting two of the cats to see how that will sound. a
the appearance of cool or 'race car-ish' means you justified a smelly, loud ride.

I don't like the look of the dumped pipes. I'd rather have duals out the back with tips. My next project will be some SLP loudmouth's and run tips out the back. Got my AC fixed (new compressor, tube, and dryer). Cools like a freezer now! Also replaced tension and idle pulleys today. Running like a top and is a joy to drive.

Reactions: 1 user
I briefly ran a dumped MAC exhaust on the car with the stock 4-cat H-pipe. Wasn't a fan of it at all. That experiment lasted 2 weeks

what did you switch to? I'm thinking about doing a set of SLP loudmouth 1's with rear exit.... not dumped. My opinion on dumped exhaust is changing each day that I Drive my car. Blanca sounds good, but, something about the dumped pipes sounds "off". Like there is more treble than there is bass. IDK. My MAC's sound really good and throaty but I'm not getting that feeling up my spine like I do when my friend pulls up in his Mach 1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mach 1 sound. Are those pipes custom made for that car from factory??

I switched to a flowmaster american Thunder cat back with tailpipes. Gave me that classic sound I wanted and quieted up the interior dramatically.

The machs use a ford exhaust, but that 4v motor has its own exotic sound to it

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
American thunder w tails sounds good. I bought the american thunder w dumps and couldnt take it,. Sound insulated under my carpet two layers in some spots. Sounds like a new car , until I get on it. Then you get the 5.0. H pipe w no cats. Old Diablo chip.

American thunder w tails sounds good. I bought the american thunder w dumps and couldnt take it,. Sound insulated under my carpet two layers in some spots. Sounds like a new car , until I get on it. Then you get the 5.0. H pipe w no cats. Old Diablo chip.

I am beginning to hate my dumps. I mean, it sounded okay at first but now I'm getting annoyed. It's like it echo's inside the car louder than it does outside. I think I'm going to go with the SLP loudmouth 1's or perhaps the American Thunder series by flowmaster. Either way, I'm running tips out the back and WILL NOT dump.

I have MAC cat backs dumped. No cat deletes. It is a perfect throaty / rumbly sound.
I get hardly any fumes into the cabin, and when I do, it's only when sitting in traffic. There is a bit more heat coming up through the ashtray / cupholder area of the center console but nothing that is alarming. i love how it rumbles when downshifting and there is a very nice drone in the car at highway speed. Not too loud, but not quiet by any means. Thinking about deleting two of the cats to see how that will sound. a
I don't like the look of the dumped pipes. I'd rather have duals out the back with tips
. My next project will be some SLP loudmouth's and run tips out the back. Got my AC fixed (new compressor, tube, and dryer). Cools like a freezer now! Also replaced tension and idle pulleys today. Running like a top and is a joy to drive.
what did you switch to? I'm thinking about doing a set of SLP loudmouth 1's with rear exit.... not dumped.
My opinion on dumped exhaust is changing each day that I Drive my car.
Blanca sounds good, but, something about the dumped pipes sounds "off". Like there is more treble than there is bass. IDK. My MAC's sound really good and throaty but I'm not getting that feeling up my spine like I do when my friend pulls up in his Mach 1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mach 1 sound. Are those pipes custom made for that car from factory??
I am beginning to hate my dumps. I mean, it sounded okay at first but now I'm getting annoyed.
It's like it echo's inside the car louder than it does outside. I think I'm going to go with the SLP loudmouth 1's or perhaps the American Thunder series by flowmaster.
Either way, I'm running tips out the back and WILL NOT dump.

The difference one week makes when running dumped exhaust... ;)

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I'll chime in on this thread that's older than my membership! lol

I run dumps on my II basically because I kinda have to. It sounds good and all, but it's definitely loud inside the car.

On my 87 vert, I run the same mufflers but it still has the cats and tails. It is MUCH quieter due to all of that and most likely what I'll go back to, probably minus the cats, whenever I get back to working on the cars.

Here's a short start up vid of the vert:

View: https://youtu.be/CWW_8jHMlYo

Here's a drive in the Cobra. Fair warning, it's close to 10 minutes long but you can hear in the beginning how it overpowers the mic in my phone.

View: https://youtu.be/Ecs3dYVX2eQ