who is waiting to pick up a S197 used?

66Satellite

Banned
Feb 6, 2003
And how long are you going to wait?

To be honest I'm probably going to wait 3-5 years--long enough for them to take a major depreciation hit, but not so long that they're all thrashed. I wish I liked the SN95 cars just a little bit more--there some very attractive deals out there right now. One thing that is cool about Mustangs--they are cheap and there are tons to choose from.

• Sponsors (?)

I think I'll hang on to my 95 GT vert for another 3 years. It's only got 65K miles, and by then the new Mustangs will be coming to the end of their 3 year leases.

As much as my emotions tell me to buy a new one, practicality tells me otherwise.

scottie1113 said:
I think I'll hang on to my 95 GT vert for another 3 years. It's only got 65K miles, and by then the new Mustangs will be coming to the end of their 3 year leases.

As much as my emotions tell me to buy a new one, practicality tells me otherwise.

Is 3 years the standard lease? Approx what would/does a GT sell for at the end of a 3 year lease?

brandon_lawson7 said:
im either gonna get an 03' or '04 cobra vert or an 05' GT whenever i graduate college (whenever that happens :D )

no idea what im gonna get. prob get a 99+ gt and supercharge it, untill i have enough for sumthin expensive (merc or bimmer prob)

Well, in my newspaper there are ads for 2001 GTs for $10k-$13k if that helps... depreciation is a wonderful thing for buyers.

I wouldn't ever buy a new car. The cars are generally just as good 3-5 years later, you save half the cost on a new car, and it's not even legal to get an aftermarket exhaust until what, 60,000 miles? Ridiculous.

jasonlee0704 said:
Well, in my newspaper there are ads for 2001 GTs for $10k-$13k if that helps... depreciation is a wonderful thing for buyers.

I wouldn't ever buy a new car. The cars are generally just as good 3-5 years later, you save half the cost on a new car, and it's not even legal to get an aftermarket exhaust until what, 60,000 miles? Ridiculous.

Yep, sounds about right for a 3 year old car. I'm with you about new cars. I hate the depreciation but it's good for us who buy used. For example, have you ever checked out the prices on a used Jag, or even a Ferrari 360? My wallet's not thick enugh to take hits like that.

I'm waiting til 2007 to get an 05 that way there will be a large aftermarket for it especially with the new cobra in 07 and you will probably be able to pick one up with 40000 miles for about 12-14k$.

I love the idea of buying mildly used. And When my 66 is running nice, it's the sexiest car on the road (I think so).

I'm going to wait a year to see what quality issues raise their heads. See how it responds to mods and what's available. See what SE's are coming out.

Depending on all of that, I'll decide.

I'm going to wait three years at least. It is said that a car depreciates 50% after the first three years and then only 10% per year for several years after that. Of course, mileage plays into that figure, but that's a pretty good rough estimate. I think I'm going to get an '05 when I'm done with graduate school, which coincidentally should be in 3 or 4 years. Until then I'm just a graduate student with a 98 GT and no money to do the mods I want. :) Oh well!

I love the new design but i am still in college and thus no career. I want to rebuild a 60's fastback, I want to hook up my 02 gt. I wanna make an 11 second 2.3t beetle and I love the is300. I cant do all of these so I really have to sit down once I get my job...