Who Knows Kb Boost A Pumps?

Mattstang04

15 Year Member
Sep 15, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I did some search through the archives and didn't find a good install thread about Boost a Pumps. I want to do one for my next mod.

Can I run it constant instead of having it come on under boost? My tuner says that is how he wires them. Does anybody have any input on the install all together or wiring it on constantly? Also, what do I set the variable switch to right after the install or does the car need a retune once it is installed?

Let me know what I need to do before jumping into the project. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I did some search through the archives and didn't find a good install thread about Boost a Pumps. I want to do one for my next mod.

Can I run it constant instead of having it come on under boost? My tuner says that is how he wires them. Does anybody have any input on the install all together or wiring it on constantly? Also, what do I set the variable switch to right after the install or does the car need a retune once it is installed?

Let me know what I need to do before jumping into the project. Thanks

Mine's wired to run constantly. The PCM is able to compensate for the added pump capacity by reducing the duty cycle off-boost. The BAP, as far as I know, has no issues being configured this way.

I also don't have any adjustment knob. Probably just as well...

I recommend wiring the BAP in pre-FPDM (not running constantly). That way, the ECU completely controls the BAP and increases/decreases voltage based on what the motor needs fuel-wise. In some applications, wiring the BAP in post-FPDM (having the BAP running constantly) have resulted in burned-out FPDM's. The ECU knows what's best for the engine and therefor that is what I want controlling my BAP. I also recommend a wiring upgrade. Its cheap and adds a security buffer.

My reasoning on running constant is that when the BAP is controlled by the ECU, the sudden surges of extra voltage would be harmful to the fuel pump. With a more consistent flow of power, even if its a larger amount, theres no spike in voltage and hopefully less impact on the life of the pump. That is how my tuner explained it to me.