Who makes 3" exhaust?

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
Who makes a 3" catback besides mac? I finally got my magnapack system sold today and im in the market for 3" exhaust.

My newest jegs book says that the slp loudmouth exhaust is 3" madral bent 304 stainless. I looked up the part number on other websites and it says 2 1/2" so im assuming its a typo.

I don't know of any other company offering it.

• Sponsors (?)

i called jegs a second ago about the slp exhaust and they couldn't tell me at first one way or the other.. He then looked up the instal instructions and they said 2 1/2" clamps. So that proves no 3" slp.

Are the mufflers on the mac a straight thru design?

The MAC muffs are chambered like Flowmaster and Spintech. I believe all three of these companies make a 3 inch exhaust for our cars. I know you don't want MAC but my entire 3 inch kit (ceramic 1 3/4 headers, prochamber and catback) was $1000 to my door. You can mis-match a few things like Kooks headers, Dr. Gas X and whatever muffs you want. Just not a lot of people making true 3 inch cat backs for our cars. MAC was about all I could find. I didn't want 3.5 tips either. Even though MAC sent me them I swapped them out for 3 inchers.

MustangTailPipes.jpg

MustangRear.jpg

Garage.jpg

Attachments

• MustangTailPipes.jpg
    MustangTailPipes.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 42
  • MustangRear.jpg
    MustangRear.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 45
  • Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 42
Mac doesn't matter to me so to speak i was just wanting to know my options. I have heard a couple people say that the ceramic coat scratched up pretty easily.

I would prefer straight thru mufflers for less restriction.