Who makes an exhaust like this for 'Stangs?

crashGTR1

Dec 2, 2003
Chicago
Hey everyone. I saw a picture of a Z28 (I know, LS1, bad) that had a SWEET side exhaust setup and I wondered who, if anyone, made one similar for Mustangs. I have a 98 so my main option is the Borla/SVO with the side skirts which is cool, but not quite the look I want for my car. Check out the attached pic of the Z to see what I mean. It's nice and simple, somewhat subtle, yet still gives a pretty mean look. Would Spintech have anything like this? Thanks.
--Adam

Attachments

• 6b_3-2.jpg
    6b_3-2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 401
  • Sponsors (?)

dudes i telling you the side exhaust experts are roush everyone copied them! they were the first to have it,and the best i think, they have a new one out with high performance mufflers on it......

Mine is similar, I suppose. I just purchased the mufflers from Spintech and had my uncle's muffler shop fab all the rest (headers back, mostly 3"). Total was around 350 for all parts and labor. The sound is really unique and extremely aggressive! I will try to get some sound clips for you in the next 24 hrs.

Attachments

• car_pic1a.JPG
    car_pic1a.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 230
  • car_pic2a.JPG
    car_pic2a.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 194
lg_el_segundo said:
Mine is similar, I suppose. I just purchased the mufflers from Spintech and had my uncle's muffler shop fab all the rest (headers back, mostly 3"). Total was around 350 for all parts and labor. The sound is really unique and extremely aggressive! I will try to get some sound clips for you in the next 24 hrs.

Excellent. Much closer to what I'm looking for. I always liked the sound of Spintechs. If you could get some clips, I'd be really grateful. Thanks.
--Adam

the CDC side exhaust will cost you more power and doesn't look the best when it comes to side exhaust... the front pieces do not even come close to the Roush...

Spintech is exactly like the picture...

It looks to me like he just had his exhaust routed out the side and cut out his stock ground effects on that Z28. Since those cars have just a single pipe setup from the cat-back he probably had a custom dual exhaust made and had that routed out the sides since it is hard to get two pipes out of the back of those cars. I had a dual exhaust on my previous car, a 2002 Z28, and the guys who did it routed the pipes under the rear axle...let's just say there wasn't a speedbump in the world that I could get over :)