Who makes the Best Ring and Pinion Gears?

• Sponsors (?)

93GTosu said:
i was at summit pickin up my gears and the salesman there told me that richmond and ford gears are made by the same company...is that right??? :shrug: :shrug:

I used to work there.. where ya from up there?

FarBeyondDriven said:
I used to work there.. where ya from up there?

Medina! about 30 min south of cleveland, i live right on I-71 :D sometimes i would just drive up to summit to oogle over all the **** they had that i couldnt buy because i have no $$$ :(

where u at? :shrug:

I vote for FMS/FRPP.

On a side note, I was shopping around for a gear installer a while back, and a local, quite reputable gear installer told me that Motive gears used to be of great quality, but they had switched manufacturing plants to somewhere overseas, and weren't as reliable anymore.

I have heard Richmond's are the strongest, but Ford's are easier to install. The Richmond's tend to whine more if they are not properly shimmed. I have had Ford gears in 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, and 4.10 and have never had trouble with them.

93GTosu said:
Medina! about 30 min south of cleveland, i live right on I-71 :D sometimes i would just drive up to summit to oogle over all the **** they had that i couldnt buy because i have no $$$ :(

where u at? :shrug:

Thats awesome.. i am from the akron/suffield/cuyahoga falls area. Im in louisiana now thanks to the air force