Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Please tell me this is photoshop

DSC01747.JPG

DSC01773.JPG

DSC01771.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

what's ridiculous is that the car doesn't even look that torn apart....I don't think it's a photoshop dude lol. I think someone did a VERY clean job at a very confused arrangement of cars :shrug:

However, imagine pulling up on that thing from behind on the highway....then passing it...

"nice corvette.....wait....that's a mustang like mine.....wait....that's an 05.....fack, where's my valium?"

photoshop'd...

you can see the blur lines on the driver side fender in the first picture.
the colors dont match.
in the side shot... over the passenger side fender... the lighting doesnt look the same.
in the last one... the mustang emblem doesnt look real.

but nice job.

I realy would go out and say that I dont think that thing has much skill in it either...that front end looks like chit the front fenders dont even line up they just have a cut line on the front fender, inthe rear the body line is just stupid. Some body skill would have blended that line and changed that line of the front end. Not just cut and paste the body together.

Give some drunk guy a saw, welder, grinder and then paint it and you have that vert.

Not wanting to bash someone for the work they did, but I sure as hell would not "show" that car. I rarely join in on any bashing or what have you, but I feel strong about how I feel about that car...all 3 of them.

Have you ever tried to take a corvette (which is wider) and tried to stick it on the back of a mustang and make it look good???? ever tried to stick a 05 mustang front grille on a 94 - 95 (also wider) on your mustang??? I guarantee you havent, you try to cut one get it back together and make it fit like that.... If you can I'll hire you.......
I'm not trying to make you feel stupid, but that is not easy. Its not just a cut and paste thing as you so eloquently put it. Dont get me wrong on this one I dont care for it but you do not see body work like that very often.... And my brother in law is one of the best body men I have ever seen (davis auto body crestline ca), said he could duplicate it but the time and effort wouldnt be worth it... It does however look photo shopped.

blksn955.o said:
I realy would go out and say that I dont think that thing has much skill in it either...that front end looks like chit the front fenders dont even line up they just have a cut line on the front fender, inthe rear the body line is just stupid. Some body skill would have blended that line and changed that line of the front end. Not just cut and paste the body together.

Give some drunk guy a saw, welder, grinder and then paint it and you have that vert.

Not wanting to bash someone for the work they did, but I sure as hell would not "show" that car. I rarely join in on any bashing or what have you, but I feel strong about how I feel about that car...all 3 of them.

The vett is glass, that makes it a bit easier to cut and fit than steel. ALso that front fender were that line just stops is pure ass, take the fender off and get it setup then get that line out of there, a english wheel, dolly & hammer, hell ball hammer and bondo, but dont just have the intersection of 2 diff. style body parts STOP at a line and the fact that they DID NOT try to even make these things flow line wise is either a lack of talent or thought as to the design as a whole.

I have spent time around body shops quite a bit though, and I even have seen the working out of a project were a guy put 01 vett rear and front as well as other body mods to 93 vett and those are fairly different vetts....done correct you can not see the point of one car and the orig. You had to look at the little things to notice what was done.....that is skill.

I am sorry I in no way am trying to be a dick to the guy who spent the time to do it, They spent some time and effort to do something different. In the end they ended up with more of a WTF and a funky car with funky lines....its all about the lines and this car has crappy ones.

Also this is a prime example of just because you can (or think you can) does not mean it should be done.

just my .02 and oppinion and everyone has one...this is mine.