WHOA!!!! LTs and *other stuff* installed!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Well first off, let me give you guys a break down of what we did.

PA Racing tubular K (modification needed for motor mounts..ALOT of grinding)
PA Racing tubular A arms
QA1 adjustable coilovers
Canton windage trey (pan modification needed...need to know how to braise holes shut{sp})
March U/D pulleys
BBK long tube headers (MUST have k member dropped...still a PAIN. Also need to extend front 02 wires about 12 inches)
Dr Gas O/R X pipe (no rear 02 bongs :shrug: fortunutatly mine are OFF)
Tokoco Illuminas 5 way adjustable front drag shock (setting 3 for now...also needs alot of grinding modification to clear the coilover sleave)
Steeda aluminum 4 bolt CC plates
And ofcourse an alignment afterwards

Ok, all that crap costed like $2500 :rlaugh: :nonono: .

Alright now to the driving.
Handling: Seems about as good as stock IMO, but im no corner carver.

Ride quality: well on the highway its awsome, but get into anything remotely rough or road construction and the whole dash is shaking (like a 15 year old camaro). Like bridges where the road kinda jumps up, it hits HARD...sounds like the KLUNK when you hit a big pot hole. And since i slammed the front pretty good (bout an inch fender gap:nice: ) watch the speed bumps lol.

POWER: Alright in short....ITS INSANE! I was not in my wildest dreams expect THAT much of a power gain.:hail2: And before you say that its just a SOTP malfunction since iv been driving the V6 for a month...I have a way to see if mods actually help or its just my imagination. I have a hill that I turn up, and about an 1/8 mile up is a green sign...I always hit it in the same area and its VERY consistent. Before the cams (248RWHP) it would go 83-84 to the sign...full tank of gas and hotter weather would make it go 83, 1/2 tank and cold it would do 84. It takes ALOT to make a difference (magnaflow CB didnt do anything). Did Vt stg 1 cams, JLT, 75mm TB, and times tune (274RWHP then + a electric WP= about 280RWHP) it went 86-87MPH to the sign. Never more never less, even if i hit it as SOON as possable it would do the same.
Ok so the next night after instaling it all and resseting the EEC i did the same dash up the hill and well 90 MPH.:D Next night after the EEC was getting better (takes about 2 days) I hit it, burried 2nd gear to 6K, got out of it and hit it again and it light them back up to 6K..jamed 3rd and at about 85 the rearend started breaking loose lol (slight turn) but I stayed in it and crossed at 91MPH. This proved my suspision...what i just did HELPED AS MUCH AS THE CAMS AND TUNE! Its wicked fast. I am SO happy....I just want to go find some F body to pick on lol.

SOUND: Well it made the overall tone deeper and quieter it seems, i liked how it sounded @ part thottle better I think before, although it still sounds awsome and just like a big block. Now at WOT it sounds SOOO mean :drool: , no more rasp and just that deep loud dragcar sound. So overall im happy with it, it has more of that (you dont want to mess with this) sound now when driving around.:D

Well thats my experiance, and as for installing all that...YOU BETTER A. KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE DOING, B. HAVE A WHOLE ARRAY OF AIR TOOLS, GRINDERS, PUNCHES AND EVERY WRENCH/SOCKET IN THE BOOK, C. HAVE A BIG BREAKER BAR, OR A VERY STRONG PERSON, and D. SOMEONE WITH SKINNY ARMS.

• Sponsors (?)

I find it strange that you spent $2500 on what are mainly suspension and exhaust sound mods and are now stating that handling is comparable to stock and ride is terrible but power is much improved.

WTF?

Shouldn't you be saying that it handles like it is on rails and feels a little bit faster.

:scratch:

Ok here you go.

CodysParts013.jpg

CodysParts012.jpg

CodysParts010.jpg

CodysParts008.jpg

CodysParts007.jpg

CodysParts006.jpg

CodysParts004.jpg

CodysParts005.jpg

CodysParts009.jpg

Attachments

• CodysParts013.jpg
    CodysParts013.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 78
  • CodysParts012.jpg
    CodysParts012.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 61
  • CodysParts010.jpg
    CodysParts010.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 73
  • CodysParts008.jpg
    CodysParts008.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 69
  • CodysParts007.jpg
    CodysParts007.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 79
  • CodysParts006.jpg
    CodysParts006.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 61
  • CodysParts004.jpg
    CodysParts004.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 68
  • CodysParts005.jpg
    CodysParts005.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 68
  • CodysParts009.jpg
    CodysParts009.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 70
The pass side rear seriouly needs to be dropped about an inch to match the drivers side. I think we may take out the isolaters to drop it.
And kilgore, yea you would think that but the front suspension is more of a drag setup (light springs, drag shocks ect) than anything. It does however make quicker lane changes than before :shrug: . LOL. Although I still have some crazy traction problems, WOT1-2 makes 2nd carry over and hit the 6500RPM limiter on pavement that it would hardly spin on before the LTs.

tomustang said:
I hope you don't get into an accident, good luck

side note: be careful about your insurance company

:stupid:
insurance will prob. deny the claim if they see the tubular k member and you might get hurt pretty bad in a front end collision.

Nice mods though :drool: i hate you :(.....

:) if im ever through the bastrop area, im going to keep an ear out for you :D

The rear is way up in the air. lol. My 2 inch drop looks slammed compared to your stang. All you need now is a little more drop, rear wing delet and bullitt sideskirts and its goona look sick. Did I mention I want your car??:hail2: :hail2:

Well i guess you dont have LTs LOL. We were almost thinking of raising the front a tad so it will clear speed bumps. I think I dropped it a 1 1/2 to a 1 3/4. BUT I can still drop it almost another 2 inches if I wanted to :D. But it looks perfect to me there so I dont want it up anymore.
So you guys dont think insurance would cover the car? Well maybe I need that insurance that pays whatever you insure it for :shrug: .

BTW I love the plates, freegin everyone is all nailing their cars as they go past and revving up and all lookin at me and crap...good times. :D Ill get some more vids up sometime, and I think I put some pics up before of te install :shrug: .

tomustang said:
hey if you can, for reference! jack the front up and snap pics of what it looks like, then when someone asks it'll be there for the next guy to see what it looks like :nice:
You just want that pic for your own technical library...

well, i was waiting for you to post a review about all these mods. after i heard your troubles, about the k member, i dont think im going to do one anymore. mayme a different brand ( Qa1 or somthin)

got to get that thing on the dyno! :nice:

billfisher said:
dude the next step needs to be electric water pump. the windage tray alone will make you stand out from the crowd on power. have fun. nothing like "freeing" up power.

:lol: Gotcha covered (see sig). The electric WP was like my second mod behind the K&N filter lol. I LOVE HP from reducing parisitic loss/drag.:D
Maybe the windage trey is bumping up the power, because I REALLY didnt expect it to run like it does. Just want to get it on a dyno....Any more mod suggestions? Ill give you a full mod list if you want.

Thanks guys for ALL the input...when you spend $2500 you want someone to congradulate you. :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Adrenln, i almost think they gave me the wrong K....I mean the second notch wast even close. And I cant say i would reccomend it for a DD car (maybe its just the coilovers) but everybit of the vibration is transfered directly into the frame and its a little annoying...I fear bridges now, ESPECIALLY potholes :rlaugh: . I like cringe and hold on when I see a dip at the last second.:lol: But all that power more then made up for it:D . Dont get me wrong, I would do it again in a heartbeat if I was given another chance....just saying that it may not be for everyone.

hotmustang331 said:
POWER: I hit it, burried 2nd gear to 6K, got out of it and hit it again and it light them back up to 6K..jamed 3rd and at about 85 the rearend started breaking loose lol (slight turn) but I stayed in it and crossed at 91MPH. This proved my suspision...what i just did HELPED AS MUCH AS THE CAMS AND TUNE! Its wicked fast. I am SO happy....I just want to go find some F body to pick on lol.

This is great! The front end work you did reduced weight and also affected your front to rear weight balance. You should have a much better weight transfer when you launch.

My question is how can you tell a 1-2 MPH difference watching your speed gauge and keeping an eye on your tach? Seems like the speedometer can't really resolve a 1-2 MPH difference.